I've tried to install two different types of printers....the first was an hp 5600 & it wouldn't allow it. The second was a dell 922 printer/scanner/copier - it downloaded the program except for the photo printer which is what I needed the most.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To install HP 900 inkjet printer hare is the following step you need follow.
1. Connect you printer with computer and printer should be on. 2. open devices and printers form start and select add a printer,In The Add Printer Pop Up Wizard, Select Add Local Printer and click on next 3.In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select USB Virtual Printer Port (Printer Port) and then click next. 4.Under Manufacturer List Select HP From Printers List, check whether your printer is listed. (If your printer is listed there are inbuilt drivers available for your printer in windows 7, if not you can try clicking on the windows update button to get more manufacturers and more printer models, or if you have a disc of your printer drivers you can use have disk option and point to that) Click On next. 5. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name( leave the default printer name) and then click Next. The printer driver starts to install.
you can also install printer driver with windows update. windows update automatically install your printer driver.
try a complete reinstall of the printer:
1) unplug printer
2) un-install all drivers, and make sure printer is removed from printer list
3) download the latest drivers from HP: http://www.hp.com/sbso/bussupport.html
(the included CD drivers could be outdated)
4) follow HP instruction on how to install the new drivers and printer (sometimes it wants software first, sometimes it wants to detect printer first).
You may have a couple of problems. First, you say you have more than one icon in your Printers dialog box for 5600 series printers. My guess is that you installed two different drivers, one for the 5600 and one for the 5610.
Try deleting the 5600 printer icon and making the 5610 the default printer. Run the test print again to verify it works, then open a Word document and see if you can print that.
This brings me to the second issue; what exactly are you trying to print? The issue in this case, may not be the printer but an issue with the document. Some documents have a security feature that prevents printing. Try different documents (Word, Excel, etc...) and see if the problem is across the board. Post the results here.
Go to hp.com. Click on 'software and driver downloads' (on the left of the screen). Next to 'for product:' type in Officejet 5600' and click the >> symbol. Then choose from the list that comes up. When in doubt, choose the first on the list, HP 5605 All-In-One. On the next screen select 'software and driver downloads' again. There you'll see where you can select Windows Vista. CLick on that and sleect, under "Driver", HP Full Feature Software and Drivers.
On the next screen, scroll down and select 'Install Now'.