When i leave my laptop for about 5 minutes and then come back to it, it wont let me start it up again. I press space bar, move mouse and press power button for a few seconds but just a black screen. I know it is doing something because i hear sounds when email has arrived and power button is green. But screen just wont come back on. I have to shut down the computer. Does anyone know the answer to this? Its an acer TravelMate 4520.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Cant leave laptop cause screen wont come back on
Right click on the desktop and click on personalize in vista. Click on screen saver and set it to a more reasonable time like 120 minutes. From there you can also enter into the power settings and specify the system to prevent allowing hibernate and sleep mode.
In xp go to control panel and make the necessary similar changes. Just setting the screen saver to a reasonable time such as 180 minutes alone should solve this problem for you. If this helps you please take the time to rate it fixya. George
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
IF IT IS A LAPTOP TAKE OUT THE BATTERY PACK TEMPORARY AND DISCONNECT THE POWER PLUG, WAIT 5 MINUTES. PLUG THE AC BACK IN BUT LEAVE THE LAPTOP BATTERY STILL OUT. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NOW CD OR DVD IN THE DRIVE. NOW TRY IT. WAIT AT LEAST 5 MINUTES AFTER YOU TURN IT BACK ON. IF THIS DOES NOT WORK ALSO DISCONNECT YOU INTERNAL BATTERY AND WAIT AGAIN AT LEAST 5 MINUTES THEN TURN IT ON THE ONLY THE AC PLUG IN. GOOD LUCK.
1. Immediately run PSA. (Make sure laptop is connected to AC Adapter. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the Fn key then press power button once).
2. Just wait for about 3 to 5 minutes then you might will hear beeping sounds (no display with beeping sounds) this means that laptop is working fine but no display. This might cause by either the video card or LCD.
3. After hearing beeps turn off laptop. (Press and hold on the power button for about 3 seconds)
4. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the D key then press power button once. If full screen colors appears this means LCD is working fine and the problem is the video card. If no display from the LCD no colors were displayed try the test again just to make sure. If still the same no full screen colors then the problem is the LCD.
Your Graphics Adapter may be out? Have you tried to boot to Safe Mode or a System Restore/Recovery? Have you done ANY updates? Remove ALL media, CD,DVD,USB, unplug, remove battery, leave battery out, plug in, reboot, Try this Win 7 procedure: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/666-advanced-boot-options.html The other option is to re load Windows.
Does it boot up? Are you able to use it after 5 minutes? What does the
flashing look like? Is it flashing the boot up posting processes?
Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode and see if it flashes for 5 minutes?
Turn off the computer, then hit the power button to turn it
back on and immediately start hitting the F8 key repeatedly until you see SAFE
MODE. Take the Safe Mode option and let it boot up. Safe Mode will look
different to you, the screen will be darker and the icons bigger, this is
1. Turn netebook OFF with button, hold 4 seconds. 2. Remove recharge plug 3. Remove battery 4. Leave it like this for about 5 minutes. 5. Put everything back and power the laptop again Does it appear to charge the battery at all when plugged into AC? Can
you hear the charger humming when you put the brick up to your ear?
(while it's plugged into AC,You may have a bad motherboard
This is what I would do before chalking this thing up as a hard ware failure try connecting thie to another adpator if that then does not work you indeed got a HW failure with the laptop and the motherboard would likely need to be replaced, Get it evaluated by a technition the geek squad at any best buy wull be able to test this real quick for you do not loose a good laptop over a faulty adaptor trust me this is where the issue could result.
thanks and please do leave postive feedback, ratings for your free naswer today.
The battery is too low and the power supply can't charge the battery and also power the laptop at the same time.
1. Remove the battery from the laptop
2. Plug in the power cord and turn ON the laptop.
3. It should work ok.
4. After the laptop is "stable" (what 5 minutes?), you can put the battery back into the laptop while it is ON.
5. Leave the laptop ON so the battery can get charged.
6. Lower / close the lid so that the screen will turn OFFand not take up power from recharging the battery.
If this doesn't work for you, try these steps again, maybe wait a few minutes between steps.
Please plug also the power cord to the power source then wait for 10 - 20 minutes to charge the battery of your laptop then after the said time given above please turn on the laptop and see if your laptop is working now. Else if it is not then try to contact computer technician and let that person check the problem of your laptop Most of the problem causes of software and hardware.