Ps3 wireless internet connection. ip address timed out?????
My names Pete. Ive got a ps3 and optus wireless broadband. So im in internet connection settings and i just did a connection test. It now tells me 'the attempt to obtain an ip address timed out' . Im a bit of a rookie with computers. please help!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you need to bridge, yes the other thing you need to do, is right click on the internet connection and say "Allow other computers to connect to the internet via this connection" this should allow the ps3 to grab an IP address via DHCP
Depending on if you're using a Dial-Up Connection or a Broadband Connection, the solution is quite different. If you are using a Dial-Up connection, the PS3 will have to do the dialing. In your case, I do believe that you are using an Ethernet (Broadband) Connection which is always on. In order for your PS3 to get Internet access, you will need to get a router and install it before you can get online with your PS3.
Hi, follow the below steps to forward ports on the router for PS3:
1. Open a browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) on your computer connected to the router. 2. Access the router usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar. 3. Login to the router (Username = admin and Password = Password unless you have changed it). 4. Click on Port Forwarding under Advanced. 5. Click on 'Add Custom Service' button. 6. Specify any name for the service (PSN1). 7. Specify the Start and the End Port as 80. 8. In the server IP Address specify the ip address of the PS3. 9. Click on 'Add' button. 10. Follow the same steps to open the below ports Start = 443 End = 443 use name as PSN2 Start = 5223 End = 5223 use name as PSN3 Start = 3478 End = 3479 use name as PSN4. Start = 3658 End = 3658 use name as PSN5. Click Apply.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Connecting PS3 to a network
I have LinkSys wireless router which is working perfectly for other devices (like laptop, Xbox360, TiVO). My wireless network is configured to NOT broadcast the SID and with a WEP key. After entering this manually in the network setup on my PS3, I was able to obtain an ip address from my router, I was able to open the configureation page on my router, but connecting to the internet would fail with some kind of DNS error.
The way this was resolved for me, was to enter the DNS server addresses manually in the PS3 network settings AND use tetertiary DNS server from my ISP as either the primary or the secondary DNS server.
..btw, this also fixed the similar problem I had with my PSP..
If you can connect directly to your virgin Media Broadband and get internet then your laptop and broadband router is fine.
The wireless router appears not to have a DNS entry and you will need to add that manually.
I suggest that you connect directly to the Broadband modem, be sure you can get onto the internet. Once you have confirmed you can get onto the internet you need to get the dns information from your Broadband modem for later.
once connected directly to the broadband modem, click start>run> then type "CMD" then click open. you will get a prompt type the following and record the DNS Server ip addresses.
"ipconfig /all" then hit enter this will display your ipaddress information but mostly you need the DNS server ip addresses.
once you have recorded them rerun the install, but this time instead of at the end of the install where it shows the Wireless router information you can modify or change it and add the DNS server entries.
Also by default most wireless routers ip address is 192.168.1.1 and you can type that from a internet explorer and change it from there as well. I believe it's no ID or user name and the password is admin.
First you need to find a Windows wired or wireless device already connected to the network in order to find out the required settings
Windows XP 1. Click start --> (sometimes settings) --> Control Panel --> Network Connections 2. Double click on the active connection which will say connected underneath 3. Click Support 4. Click Details 5. Now the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Alternate DNS which are displayed should be noted.
Windows Vista 1. Click Start --> Control Panel --> Network and Sharing Center 2. Click on "View Status" to the right of your connection 4. Click Details 5. Now the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Alternate DNS which are displayed should be noted.
Set these values under "manual settings" in the PS3 but add 1 to the last number for the IP Address as this has to be unique on your network
I think you have wrong configuration of your router.
1. Some xDSL Internet Service Providers may assign a Fixed IP Address for your Broadband router. If you have been provided with this information, choose this option and enter the assigned IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway IP Address and DNS IP Address for your Broadband router.
2. If you connect to the Internet using an xDSL Modem and your ISP has provided you with a Password and a Service Name, then your ISP uses PPPoE to establish a connection. You must choose this option and enter the required information.