Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Please help me..
To reset the administrator password you need a boot CD with a password reset tool on it. You can download a CD image from this site: http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/
There is a walkthrough and instructions on how to burn the CD and use it on that same page.
I actually carry this CD around with me on the job, because people forget their passwords all the time. It's quick and effective one you get it burned.
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
No problem if you forget your admin password provided you have your windows installation CD and the product key.
Just follow these simple procedures:
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer.
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation, and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot your compuyer automatically – you will “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again!
10.Setup will resume automatically Installing Windows is highlighted.
11. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar.
12.Press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
13.. At thecommand prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. You have graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
14. select the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer.
15. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair. follow on screen instruction
16. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one.
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 30, 2012 | Dell Studio 1535 Notebook
Sep 13, 2011 | HP Compaq 6720s Notebook
Dec 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Nov 04, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Sep 04, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Dec 09, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: