- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I fixed my son's 605 4 GB had Recovery code (104) on it These are the steps i followed
* Use the computer for this process that you always used for this archos
* Download the firware Upgrade 2.1
* Plug the Archos to Pc
* When the white screen comes up do format
* Wait until all done then put the firmware in to the root sector of the Archos
* Safely remove the usb for Archos from your pc first and then unplug the cable.
* Do not pick any option on the Archos screen
* Just turn it off from the power button by holding it until it turns off
* Wait about 5 minutes and plug in back to pc
it will come up with white screen again but this time it will start
Update you will see the progress bar moving wait until it is all done
and it will shut off. Turn it back on Your archos will be back to normal.
When you go to download from Archos site it will explain how to download depending upon how your device pops up on your Pc.
Hope this helps
Remove your memory card and restart your archos, when it asks if you want to repair blahblah... just keep pressing the cross till it loads as normal with the sd card 'out', this should work, to stop it happening in the future format your memory card 'sd' with your archos once it has started. Hope that helps!
This is generally due to failed firmware updates, etc....here is something to try that has worked for some others: 1. connect the archos to the PC 2. click on repair 3. click on
done and wait for a few seconds and you will see the archos as a drive
in your windows (be patiant it takes some time) 4. once you see the drive, open it and make sure the System folder is empty, if not delete the file that exists there. 5. download firmware from archos website and put the firmware update file directly on the root of the archos drive 6. click repair again on the archos and done. I've been told this does not always work on the first attempt, so give it a couple of tries if the first attempt fails.
ERROR CODE 102!!! I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM TOO...AND I WAS ABOUT TO THROW IT AWAY OR GIVE IT TO MY WILD CAT TO PLAY WITH !!! BUT!!! HERE IS WHAT I DID FOR MY LAST HOPE IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM...
FIRST HERE ARE THE DETAILED PROBLEMS I HAD... *NO RECOGNITION OF MY ARCHOS IN MY PC... *ERROR SCREEN..."SYSTEM DAMAGE...REPAIR? NO,REPAIR,FORMAT DISK" *SELECTED ANY OF THE OPTIONS...SAME STUFF...BACK TO THE SCREEN...NEVER ENDING STORY...
OK...THIS IS WHAT I DID...
1 DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRM FROM WWW.ARCHOS.COM...TO YOUR PC !!
2.AFTER DOWNLOADING THE LATEST FIRM UPDATE TO YOUR PC... PLUG IN YOUR ARCHOS TO YOUR COMPUTER...
3 YOU WILL NOTICE THE ARCHOS IS NOT DETECTED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR SCREEN ERROR STILL...OK...TURN YOUR ARCHOS OFF BY CLICKING ON THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS OR UNTIL IT TURNS OFF...(NOTHING ON THE SCREEN BUT BLACK...)
4. THEN...WE ARE ABOUT TO TURN IT ON AGAIN...BUT BEFORE THAT... LEAVE ONE FINGER ON YOUR TV/LCD BUTTON PRESSED !!! HERE IS THE SECRET...THEN TURN IT ON !! BUT...DO NOT LET THE TV/LCD BUTTON RELEASED !! IS LIKE YOUR ARE GOING TO PRESS BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME...AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS...
5. THEN ANOTHER SCREEN WILL APPEAR..SORT OF LIKE...HDD RECOVERY 2...YOU MIGHT WANT TO UNFORTUNATELY FORMAT YOUR DISK...
6. ONCE IT TELLS YOU DONE ! DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTON... THE PC WOULD NOW RECOGNIZE YOUR ARCHOS...AS A HARD DRIVE..ETC...
7. ONCE IS DETECTED BY YOUR PC...REMEMBER THE FILE YOU DOWNLOAD IT... DRAG IT DOWN TO YOUR ARCHOS..IN THE ROOT SECTION... THAT MEANS...IN NO FOLDERS INSIDE THE ARCHOS...BUT BY ITSELF...JUST LIKE ANY OTHER FILE IN A FLASHDRIVE IF YOU MAY...
8. THEN IT MIGHT ASK YOU AGAIN YOUR PC...YOU WANT TO FORMAT THIS DRIVE...JUST SAY YES....OK...WHATEVER... AND LET IT FORMAT...
9. FINALLY AFTER THE FORMAT SITUATION HAPPENS...YOUR ARCHOS WILL ACCEPT THE FILE...AND IT WILL BE DOWNLOADED AUTOMITICALLY...THEN REOPEN IT TO MAKE SURE IS THERE ALREADY...
10. FOR THE LAST STEP... ENJOY ! MY ARCHOS IS BACK TO NORMAL..IT REBOOT AND EVERYTHING IS FACTORY MADE...HOPE THIS WORK GUYS...AS FOR ME IT DID... PS. PLEASE BE PATIENT ON THAT OPTION OF THE TV/LCD FOR IT MIGHT NOT WORK RIGHT AWAY...I TRY IT LIKE TWO TIMES BEFORE IT LET ME FORMAT EVERYTHING...BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET ERROR MESSAGES LIKE..."MEDIA FAILED" ETC... JUST KEEP ON TRYING UNTIL IT ACCEPTS IT.. LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED...
Choos 'Repair disk' while connected to your computer, then go onto www.archos.com go into support, downloads, choose your model and clck on download archos..... Then go into my computer click on the archos device after that has finished downloading and drag that file into the archos folder and the rest it does itself.
Are you sure the battery is charged? If so, try detach and retach the battery. Also try to attach to your computer via the usb cable and the 604 should turn on by itself, if nothing happens you need to send back to Archos for repair.