Question about Maytag Dishwashers
Follow these steps:
1. Locate the electrical service breaker for your appliance and turn it off at the breaker panel. If it is plugged in by a serivce outlet, unplug the unit.
2. Turn off the water source under the sink.
3. Disconnect the drain line under the sink.
4. Remove the lower panel under the dishwasher door.
5. Locate the small electrical junction box under the dishwasher and disconnect the wires leads. Remember, standard household wiring is as follows: BLACK (HOT - 110-120VAC), WHITE (NEUTRAL - 0VAC, GREEN (or bare copper) is GROUND. Make sure you reconnect the wires in this fashion with wire lug nuts. If you have a local outlet plug you may leave the wiring instact.
6. Locate the fill valve (Usually on the left hand side of the dishwasher). This is where the water supply line connects. Disconnect the water supply line from the fill valve.
7. The dishwasher should have a couple of mounting screws located where the top of the dishwasher cabinet meets the underside of the cabinet.
8. With everything removed, the dishwasher should now be free and slide out from under the cabinet.
Let me know if you have further questions. I hope this helps you.
NOTE: You can also remove the water supply line at the fitting under the sink if it makes things easier.
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2010 | Maytag 24 in. MDB5651A Built-in Dishwasher
Jan 24, 2010 | Maytag MDB9750AWS Built-in Dishwasher
Dec 01, 2009 | Maytag 24 in. MDBH950AWS Built-in...
Nov 17, 2009 | Maytag Jetclean III MDB9601AWW /...
May 30, 2009 | Maytag 24 in. MDBH940AWS Built-in...
May 08, 2009 | Maytag 24 in. MDB5600A Jetclean II...
Apr 19, 2006 | Maytag PDB3600A Built-in Dishwasher
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: