a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Half copy is never an issue with the toner. If you leave the lid open and make a skyshot copy what does it look like, is the copy all black with a thin white border around it, and do you see the scanner light comming on all the way across? You will want to make sure that your developer is evenly distributed across the magnetic roller. Also try looking into the score tron and check the drum cleaning blade and drum.
Need to have the drum and developer and cleaning blade replaced, then have that M2 counter reset. Resetting the counter with out replacing the drum developer and cleaning blade will cause codes and image problems. Machine uses the counters to determine voltages for certain assy. If you clear the counter and not replace the parts the machine adjust voltages for the drum and developer assuming it new when in reality it is old.
Software performance error The software attempted to perform an unexpected operation. Software defective Internal parameter incorrect Insufficient working memory When this SC occurs, the file name, address, and data will be stored in NVRAM. This information can be checked by using SP7-403. Note the above data and the situation in which this SC occurs. Then report the data and conditions to your technical control center.
Ok, that's the "OFFICIAL" meaning, in reality, EVERY TIME I'v had this, it took a PM or at least a Developer change and a good idea to replace the Drum and Drum Cleaning Blade too, Be sure and run the setups too. Enter the service mode. Clear modes, 1,0,7 and hold down the Clear/Stop key. Press COPY SP on the display and enter the following info. SP2001 = 1480V SP2201 = 600V SP2801 (after new developer is installed) SP2805 (after new drum and developer is installed) SP3001-2 (after cleaning the ID sensor and/or replacing the drum) SP7804 SP7807 Good luck.
Technical Service Procedure
Correct procedure for service of TOSHIBA e-Studio 161
When the spanner light and the developer (sun) light are illuminated it is time for a service.
* Try and run the PM Service and drum life counters together.
* Part that are required for a 50,000 copy service (OD 1620 DRUM, D1620 DEVELOPER, BL1620D DRUM BLADE)
* Clean and inspect drum unit.
* Clean all optics and glass.
* Clean and rewire transfer corona.
* Clean and check main charge needle electrode [saw tooth]
* Clean and check fuser units including blades, rollers and scraper fingers.
* Clean erase lamps and ozone filters.
* Clean and check all feed rollers.
* Clean machine inside and out.
* Replace the required parts.
* Reset mini maintenance counters:
* [CLEAR] > [EXPOSURE] > [CLEAR ]> [EXPOSURE] and the machine will die.
* Input  [START]  [START]“000””000” will flash on the display.
* Reset the drum life counter:
* Input  [START]  [START] "000"000" will flash on the display
* Reset developer life counter:
* Input  [START]  [START] “000””000” will flash on the display.
* Once all the part have been replaced and the counters been reset, check the copy quality.
* Notes: Application of the patting powder is for reducing the friction between the drum and cleaning blade. If the application of
patting powder is neglected, the drum and cleaning blade may be damaged. Please clean off the patting powder before putting the
cleaner unit into the machine.
Developing doctor gap adjustment
1) Loosen the developing doctor fixing screw A.
2) Insert a thickness gauge of 1.5mm to the three positions at 20mm and 130mm from the both ends of the developing
doctor as shown.
3) Push the developing doctor in the arrow direction, and tighten the developing doctor fixing screw. (Perform the same
procedure for the front and the rear frames.)
4) Check the clearance of the developing doctor. If it is within the specified range, then fix the doctor fixing screw with
* When inserting a thickness gauge, be careful not to scratch the developing doctor and the MG roller.
CHANGING A TRAY’S PAPER SIZE SETTING
Follow these steps to change a tray’s paper size setting.
* The paper size setting cannot be changed when the machine has stopped temporarily due to running out of
paper or a misfeed, or during interrupt copying.
* During printing (even in copy mode), the paper size setting cannot be changed.
* A5 (ST) size paper can only be selected in upper paper tray.
* Do not load paper that is a different size than the paper size setting. Copying will not be possible.
Hold down the [PAPER SIZE ENTER]
key for more than 5 seconds to
set the selected paper size.
The currently selected
paper feed location
indicator will blink and
the corresponding paper
size (which is currently
set) indicator will light
steadily. All other
indicators will go out.
If the machine has two paper trays,
use the [TRAY SELECT] key to
select the paper tray for which you
wish to change the paper size setting.
Each time the [TRAY
SELECT] key is
pressed, a paper tray will
be indicated with a
blinking paper feed
Use the [ORIGINAL SIZE ENTER] key
to select the paper size.
The indicator of the
selected paper size lights