- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. According to rim, the jvm 102 error is caused by a hardware issue....(a suspected 3rd party chip in the ptn)....simply loading hh software is a temp fix. it WILL reoccur again and again, sometimes in only days.
take it to service and repair, once verified that this is the jvm 102 error, they (the s&r dealer) are supposed to give you a refurbished or new ptn. if they have to ship one to you it is supposed to ship within 24 hours. they are also supposed to waive the normal exchange fee of $45.
if they dont do this, call bb supprt from the store and the rep from tier 2 will talk to the dealer and set him straight for you....
2. To fix this error, you will have to simply plug your BB into your PC and run the application loader.
If it is asking you for a password, the old user may have set this via security settings. If you do not know the password, entering it 10 times incorrectly with reset the BB to factory defaults