- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it is set to only play region 4 discs, then that's what the player can do - you cannot change the region code and I don't believe there is a hack to unlock this particular model to make it region-free.
The only types of discs acceptable are those which match the region of the player or discs which are 0 (region-free). I have never found a menu option to change region settings in any player. It is not modifiable nor accessible. There may be a player on the market which is multi-region compatible and will play your region 2 DVDs perfectly; just not this one. It is a restriction, not a fault.
Find the unlock code for your Sony DVD player model. The DVD Demystifiziert and Video Help websites both provide unlock codes for Sony players that can be unlocked and made region-free. To view the code for your DVD player, click on the model of your DVD player in the Sony hack list on the website.
Perform the tasks included in the unlock code. For most Sony models that can be unlocked, the unlock code is not as simple as pressing a few buttons. You may need to open the tray on the player or power the unit on and off multiple times as part of the hack.
Turn the unit off and then on again after you have entered your unlock code, even if the code doesn't include this step. Once you power the unit back on, it should be region-free and should be able to read any DVD that you insert in the tray.
NOTE: Not all Sony players can be unlocked to be region-free. According to the DVD Demystifiziert page, no unlock codes are available for Sony models DVP-NC85H, DVX-11A, SLV-D980P and SLV-D500P.
Keep in mind that unlocking a Sony DVD player almost always voids the unit's warranty.
Using the remote control open tray Press 0, 0, 0 Region selection will appear. Select 0 for no region (ie. all regions) Press pause button on remote control. Turn Unit off and back on again. It should now be region free. Test your disk.
If you have the LG DV 480 then try these steps
1 Turn the DVD player and open the disc draw, leave it empty
2 Press Pause
3 Type 0000
4 When the blue screen appears type "0" in the new region code
5 Press Pause
6 Power off the DVD player then turn it back on
It worked for me
To make this player region free (or change the region), do the following:
* Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed).
* Press PAUSE
* Enter 314159
* Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).
* Press PAUSE
* Turn the player off for a few seconds.
* Turn the player back on
* Voila! You beauty!!
Tops! It does work! I specifically bought this LG to replace an old LG which was easy to set. The open tray is critical as is waiting about a second between the three '0' key pushes. You will get the region code test screen on the TV.
1. Open DVD tray
2. Press the '0' key on the remote three times, waiting about one second between key presses. The 'Region Test' screen will appear on the TV. If you don't get this screen, then power off/power on again and start over.
3. If the Region Test screen appears, enter '0' for all-regions.
4. Press pause to save and exit.
1. Press Open/Close on remote control. DVD tray opens.
2. Press the following buttons in sequence: 2, 8, 1, 2.
3. TV displays "Region 2"
4. Press the Enter button on the remote until code changes to 9
5. Press the Open/Close on the remote. DVD tray closes.
6. Press Power on the remote control.
Now code free...