Question about Amana 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side Refrigerator with FrontFill Ice and Water
Don't have this model, but could there be a weight sensor for the ice tray that is stuck and possibly frozen in the up position? The weight sensor would normally sense when there is enough water in the ice tray and then cause the water to shut off. See whether the tray should have up and down vertical movement.
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2015 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Mar 28, 2012 | Refrigerators
Sep 30, 2011 | Maytag MSD2454G Side by Side Refrigerator
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Jan 19, 2010 | Refrigerators
Jan 12, 2010 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Nov 16, 2009 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Nov 08, 2009 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Oct 09, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Nov 21, 2008 | Refrigerators
Feb 13, 2015 | Amana 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!