Question about Toshiba Satellite U205 Notebook
I have a Toshiba Satellite U205 laptop and need to replace my fan. How do I disassemble the computer to get to the fan?
I know I am too late but I just changed the fan in my U205-S5002. I couldn't find instructions anywhere so I decided to give it a try. It is very easy.
First remove all the screws below the laptop. There is only one small cover below the laptop. Remove the cover and disconect the Hard Drive. Now remove the plastic strip right above the keyboard by using a flat small screwdriver. Do not be afraid, you'll not break it. After removing the strip you will see 2 S3 screws. Remove them and the keyboard will be free to move. In order to remove the keyboard you'll have to disconnect a couple of connectors, by lightly pulling first the plastic stoppers (colored brown) out. After you have removed the keyboard you will see the fan in the upper left corner. Remove the 2 screws holding the fan and disconnect the connector (pay attention to the way the plug or the female goes in: the holes are on top). Installing the new fan is a piece of cake and so is putting everything back.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 26, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2014 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Nov 09, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite S855-S5377 Notebook...
May 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
3. Unscrew the hard drive cover. Grab the hard drive tab and shift the hard drive to the left to unplug it. Lift the hard drive out of the bay.
4. Unscrew and remove the PCI memory cover, the optical drive cover, and switch cover.
5. Unscrew the two screws that hold the keyboard to the base, these are located in the middle of the rear panel. Flip the laptop over so it is right side up, open and remove the keyboard by using the keyboard release switches located above the keyboard. Next, unplug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 Fan cable.
6. Close the laptop and turn it over so it is bottom up. Unscrew the display assembly screws located under the laptop screen hinges. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Open the laptop and unplug the display assembly cable and disconnect the wireless antenna from the display assembly. Unscrew the display assembly from the laptop base and remove.
7. Unplug the mouse pad cable. Turn the laptop over so the bottom side is up and unscrew the base screws which are located along all four sides of the laptop base. Gently remove the base of the laptop.
8. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Unplug the fan cable from the circuit board. Unscrew the screws holding the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly to the laptop. Lift the fan assembly out of the laptop.
9. Insert the new Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly into the lap top. Screw the assembly unit to the lap top and plug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU cooling fan cable into the circuit board.
10. Reassemble the laptop by repeating the previous steps in reverse order.
Hope this helps.
Apr 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Sep 15, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite U205-S5034 Notebook
Jan 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 16, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 04, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite Pro M15-S405 Notebook
May 06, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite U205 Notebook
1,098 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: