Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
IF the sandisk is not formatted as Fat32 then the new PS3s will not recognize it. To format to fat32 follow these steps:
1. Transfer all the data onto a PC or another thumb drive.
2. go to START, CONTROL PANEL, ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, COMPUTER MANAGEMENT, and select DISK MANAGER on the left hand side options. Select the external drive and read the "File System" type. If it says "NTFS", right click the disk and select "Delete Partition".
3. Reformat the drive as FAT32
4. Once you are SURE the partition is FAT32, open "My Computer" and double-click on your empty external hard drive. Now, you will want to create a folder system identical to that on the Playstation 3. Right click to create a new folder and name the first folder "Photo". Do this for "Music", "Video" and "Game". When you are finished, you should have 4 folders total in the hard drive. Each folder should (at this point) be empty.
5. Now transfer your saved information into the correct folders, safely remove the drive, and you are ready to go.
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 15, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 10, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 28, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 01, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 09, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 07, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 18, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!