Question about Nokia E61 Smartphone
My Nokia E61 is flashing the screen, i can do everything, but my screen is always flashing to a white screen, any ideas??
Let me guess ... you dropped the phone at least once recently?
Well, I did the same, and the first three times I got it working by smaking it face-up on the table (literally!). However, this morning was the last straw, and I could not get it working again.
However, I now know this is an easily repaired problem that someone with very basic skills and tools can tackle. With the earlier crude remedy I suspected a loose contact, and this was confirmed by squeezing the phone just right between the power light and the speaker I got the backlighting to work. To fix it, the steps are:
- Remove battery cover
- Remove battery
- Start disassembly by removing top rear shell (the bit with the lens cover) by gently prising with a small screw driver. There are five catches - one middle left, one middle right right, one center bottom, two at the top +/- 1/2" from the edges. Gently remove the in the same direction as you would the battery.
- Remove front shell by undoing 4 screws now visible on the rear of the phone, one at each corner. Itis a funny torque screw, but I used a small flat and it worked OK
- Turn the phone face up. Right at the top and about 1" from the left there is a red screen connector (you'll see the copper of the screen's strip cable terminating there). Gently press down on this connector to reconnect, and Hey Presto!
- While you're about it, remove all the dust and muck in the phone.
- Reverse the steps for re-assembly
If you do not feel up to it, take the phone to an agent or repair shop with these instructions. It is a 5 minute job and they should charge accordingly!
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
JUST TODAY I DISCOVER THAH MY PHONE CAN SHOW LIGHT ON THE SCREEN AND SOMETIME THE KEYBOARD DOSE NOT WORK
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2011 | Nokia 7210
on Jul 14, 2011 | Cell Phones
Feb 08, 2011 | Nokia 5220 XpressMusic Cellular Phone
Jul 01, 2010 | Nokia E61i Cellular Phone
Oct 28, 2008 | Nokia 6133 Cellular Phone
Aug 05, 2011 | Nokia E61 Smartphone
Jan 24, 2018 | Nokia E61 Smartphone
663 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!