Question about Nokia E61 Smartphone
My Nokia E61 is flashing the screen, i can do everything, but my screen is always flashing to a white screen, any ideas??
Let me guess ... you dropped the phone at least once recently?
Well, I did the same, and the first three times I got it working by smaking it face-up on the table (literally!). However, this morning was the last straw, and I could not get it working again.
However, I now know this is an easily repaired problem that someone with very basic skills and tools can tackle. With the earlier crude remedy I suspected a loose contact, and this was confirmed by squeezing the phone just right between the power light and the speaker I got the backlighting to work. To fix it, the steps are:
- Remove battery cover
- Remove battery
- Start disassembly by removing top rear shell (the bit with the lens cover) by gently prising with a small screw driver. There are five catches - one middle left, one middle right right, one center bottom, two at the top +/- 1/2" from the edges. Gently remove the in the same direction as you would the battery.
- Remove front shell by undoing 4 screws now visible on the rear of the phone, one at each corner. Itis a funny torque screw, but I used a small flat and it worked OK
- Turn the phone face up. Right at the top and about 1" from the left there is a red screen connector (you'll see the copper of the screen's strip cable terminating there). Gently press down on this connector to reconnect, and Hey Presto!
- While you're about it, remove all the dust and muck in the phone.
- Reverse the steps for re-assembly
If you do not feel up to it, take the phone to an agent or repair shop with these instructions. It is a 5 minute job and they should charge accordingly!
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
JUST TODAY I DISCOVER THAH MY PHONE CAN SHOW LIGHT ON THE SCREEN AND SOMETIME THE KEYBOARD DOSE NOT WORK
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2010 | Nokia N96 Smartphone
Jul 08, 2009 | Nokia E61 Smartphone
Jun 17, 2009 | Nokia E61 Smartphone
Apr 25, 2009 | Palm Treo 500 Centro
Feb 03, 2009 | Nokia E61 Smartphone
Aug 05, 2011 | Nokia E61 Smartphone
662 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!