Question about Computers & Internet
In some instances, updating existing software or installing new programs onto your computer can cause issues such as what you have encountered. Fortunately, re-associating .PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of MS Word 2007 may be all that you need to do. Most versions of Windows allow users to select the program they want to use to open any given file type, and can usually be done by following the steps I’ve provided below.
1) Right-click on the .PDF file icon.
2) Choose "Open With" from the menu that appears.
3) When you highlight the “Open With” option a submenu should appear. Click on the link in this menu that says “Choose Program.”
4) Another window should then open, providing a list of the available programs on your computer. Choose Adobe Acrobat Reader from the menu and check the box next to it.
5) At the bottom of the page there should also be an option that says something similar to "Always use this program to open this file type." Make sure that this option is enabled.
6) Click "OK."
Hope this helps you out.
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2017 | Icon Computers & Internet
Jul 22, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 08, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 01, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Feb 19, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2013 | Gateway NV5215u Notebook
Oct 29, 2009 | MSI U100-422CA Notebook
Aug 19, 2008 | Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 Notebook
Mar 29, 2017 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!