Question about Computers & Internet
6. Once the Wireless Network Connection Properties window is open you will have two options depending on how you set up your laptop.
· If you do not see any networks listed in Preferred or Available networks, you will have to manually add the SSID. Click on Add. You will have to enter the SSID and WEP key (if required). Click OK and you should then see the network you just added in the Available networks box.
· If you see the correct SSID showing in the Available Networks, then you need to click on Configure in order to enter the WEP key if that is required.
2. In the next window, enter the SSID for the Wi-Fi network you want to access. Make sure you do not have CAPS lock or NUM lock while entering the information. If a network key is required, click on "Data Encryption and then enter the Network key you have been provided with. Again make sure you do not have CAPS or NUM lock on. Click OK when entered. If you have entered the key incorrectly a message will pop up and you will need to re-enter the key.
3. Next go to Start - and where it says Connect To click on that and you should see choices like in the graphic below. Click on Wireless Network Connection and it should work.
There are occasions when the connection doesn't work, in these cases check your firewall software and make sure it allows you to connect to the Wi-Fi network. To check this, disable your firewall software and check the connection again. If you can connect with the firewall program disabled, you change your settings. If your firewall program is not the problem check the SSID and WEP key information that you entered. Both of these are case sensitive. If you had obtained SSID information from the Internet, check with someone in the establishment to see if the SSID has been changed.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2010 | Dell Dimension 5150 (DIM515MIN) PC Desktop
Dec 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 18, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Sep 07, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Sep 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 18, 2017 | Tablets & eReaders
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!