- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For Brother MFC210C Printer Fax Copy Scan 1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode).( "The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.") Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
1. Press the red Stop/Reset button and keep it pressed.
2. The 'Alarm' light will flash - count 12 flashes.
3. The screen on the Canon will show 'SERVICE MODE' and something #1.
4. Press the right arrow key twice to bring up FAX TYPE #3.
5. Press OK to check the country - mine showed Australia when it should have been New Zealand. Scrolling with the arrow keys shows the countries available for your machine.
the error code you are refering to is not an inverted 83 is in actuality an E803 flashed by an E8 followed by an 03.Basically your 24V dc is either being shorted somwhere internally or the DC controller or composite PCB needs to be replaced in either case the cost associated with replacing either curcuit board would far exceed the value of the copier.