try cleaning it before you mess with any settings.Cause:
Your keyboard or number pad may collect dust and other
deposits from regular use. Occasional maintenance helps keep the device
looking clean and functioning properly.
WARNING: Before cleaning any electrical device or equipment, ALWAYS remove the device from its power source.
- For cordless keyboards or number pads, remove all batteries before cleaning.
- For the diNovo Edge (a rechargeable keyboard with a built-in,
non-removable battery), or any other similar device, switch the
keyboard OFF before cleaning.
- For corded keyboards or number pads, shut down your computer and disconnect the keyboard from the computer before cleaning.
Keyboard and number pad cleaning suggestions:
- Use compressed air to blow dust and other debris from between the
keys. Logitech suggests using an air duster squeeze bulb specially made
for keyboard cleaning to limit the force of the air pressure.
NOTE: Avoid using high pressure air hoses and nozzles. Excess air pressure can remove keys or cause other damage to your device.
- Use a small tipped vacuum cleaner to remove dust and other debris
from between the keys. Logitech suggests the use of a small tipped
vacuum cleaner specially made for keyboard cleaning. Many come with USB
power cords and can run off your PC or laptop.
NOTE: Avoid using vacuum cleaners other than the
type previously described. An excess vacuum level and/or large vacuum
tip can remove keys or cause other damage to your device.
- Use a dry, lint-free, non-abrasive micro-fiber cloth to gently wipe
clean the surface of your device. Logitech suggests using cloths which
are specially made for keyboard cleaning.
Note: Avoid using dusted disinfectant cloths or cloths dampened with liquids unless specifically designed for keyboard cleaning. Many
cleaning solvents, chemicals, and other liquids can cause electrical
and/or material damage your device. This includes leftover residues
which can eventually damage your device over time.
Many consumer electronics stores and online re sellers offer
third-party computer cleaning kits which include dry wipes, swabs, air
duster bulbs, and micro-fiber cleaning cloths. Some higher-end cleaning
kits come with keyboard vacuum cleaners, and/or product-safe
disinfecting liquid for dampening wipes, for use in disinfecting the
surface of the device. These liquid disinfectants are supposed to be
non-conductive electically; quickly evaporate from the sevice and leave
no residue. Logitech suggests you make sure these characteristics are
plainly stated and guaranteed on the product package. These specially
made keyboard cleaning kits are highly recommended.
- DO NOT pour any liquids onto the device.
- DO NOT submerge the device in any liquids.
- DO NOT use a dishwasher, ultra-sound cleaner, or any other washing machine to clean your device.
- DO NOT remove keys from the device.
- DO NOT use cleaning solvents. Many cleaning solvents contain caustic chemicals which may cause damage your device.
- DO NOT use drying machines, fireplaces or ovens (even set at lowest temperature) to dry moisture from your device.
Removing keys; submerging or pouring liquids
on your device; using washing machines; exposing your device to
excessive heat; or using caustic cleaning solvents may cause permanent
damage to your device and will void the warranty.