a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
While using the HTC G1 there are different features such as watching YouTube, listening to music, programs running in the background, using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, constantly synchronizing e-mail that can drain the battery quickly.
To improve battery life, refer to the following information:
• When you don't need 3G services, set your phone to connect to a 2G network. To do this, press HOME > MENU > Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks, then select the Prefer 2G networks option.
• When your G1 is not in use, press END CALL/POWER to switch off the screen.
• Select a shorter idle time before the phone screen switches off and lower the screen brightness. To do this, press HOME > MENU > Settings > Sound & display > Brightness and Screen timeout.
• Use the AC adapter to plug your G1 into an external power outlet whenever possible.
• Turn Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off when you are not using it. To do this, press HOME > MENU > Settings > Wireless controls.
• Turn off your phone connection to GPS satellites when not in use. To do this, press HOME > MENU, tap Settings > Security & location, then clear the GPS satellites option.
• Close battery-intensive programs, such as the Camera, when you are done using them.
Once you have your device activated and charged, you will have to calibrate the screen. Once you have done that, you will be on the Today Screen. The Today Screen displays important information, such as upcoming appointments and status indicators. You can tap a section on the screen to open the associated program. To customize the Today Screen, including the background image, tap Start>Settings>Personal tab>Today
1. open the battery case and unscrew the flap beneath. Verify your SIM card is properly seated. 2. At the bottom right corner of the "today" screen is the iConnect icon. Click it and verify "Phone" is checked under the "Enable" menu. 3. open the "Start" menu and navigate to Settings->WanInfo. What information is displayed in that program?
I would look at some third party applications that clear up the memory while you are on the PDA / JAM. You can also go into the settings function, memory and view running programs.
One of the earlier version flaws of Windows 2003 is that it does not offer a shut down menu on the Today Screen. There are quite a few freeware applications that allow you to shut down running programs. I tend to run one or two programs - maximum at a time. This is not a laptop. I find my touch screen unresponsive if too much memory is in use. It's not really the touch screen but that the computer can't follow my commands, almost like an old 283 or 386 computer.
Take a look for these tool bar/memory manager programs before sending out to service in Mumbai.
(1) LAST USED APPLICATION
Enable password protection. Start>Settings>Password
(2) SENSITIVITY / PRIVACY
Choosing "Private" prevents the appointment from appearing on your Today screen. I figured this out by creating two appointments for today and making one normal and one private. The private appointment is still viewable in the Calendar application, so if you want to prevent others from being able to access this, enable password protection.
(3) TODAY MENU
There is no way to do this using the software that came with the iPAQ. However, there may be third-party software that would accomplish it. I did a quick search that turned up nothing, but you might be able to find something. Try handango.com or pocketgear.com.