Everybody likes a nice looking display but of course it's beyond our control. Check out the things that we need to consider about the resolution adjustment.
- The highest resolution of the monitor.
- The resolution of the Video card.
Why? The monitor can only handle a limited resolution let's say you have a monitor that has a resolution of 800X600
and you have a video card with a resolution of 1280X1024
, you can increase the resolution up to 1280X1024
but since your computer can only handle up to 800X600
the display will look really bad like a double vision. I hope you got the Logic of that. For example, personally, my built computer is not a high-end type of computer and the video card I'm using is a 512MB 2048x1536
but since my monitor can only handle 1024x768
, that's what my resolution is. I move it up to a higher resolution, I get a black screen. Now, if you want to increase the resolution of your computer consider both the monitor and the video card
. Of course it would be best if both the video card and the monitor has equivalent resolution or much better the monitor to have a higher resolution than the video card for upgrade purposes.
Now, to adjust the computer's resolution:
- Right Click on your desktop.
- Click on Personalize.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- There you will find the drop down for the resolution of the video card.
- Select the desired resolution. The higher the resolution, the finer it looks.
- If it gets blurry, black, or simply goes bad or grainy, it means that the monitor cannot handle that certain resolution, so lower it down.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
There you go! Should you have any questions feel free to post a reply on this post and I'll be more than happy to help you out with it. Thank you for choosing FixYa!
Have a good one. A 4 thumbs up and a comment will be greatly appreciated.
For technical assistance you can visit http://reyfrancisbasa2.blogspot.com