We are trying to print some stuff out. out printer was out of ink for awhile and we finally got it refilled today. we followed the tips that were listed below, such as turning off printer for 5 mins from comp and wall outlet. still blinking occured and nothing else. we even tried pressing the paper feed button to no avail. what else can be done. help. we also have a lexmark x1270
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Power off printer Hold down STOP/RESET button then Press and Hold down Power button Keep Power button down and Release STOP/RESET button Push STOP/RESET button twice Wait 20-30 seconds - our LED showed Idle Push STOP/RESET button four times Push Power button twice Power off Next time the printer is started the waste count will have been reset
Canon IP 2000 / reset
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal..
Depending on your Canon printer model there are numerous solutions to reset the ink level monitoring to allow print operations. A collection of all the reset procedures, for iP/MP/MX and MG printer models, can be found on the Inkjet411.com site (both document and video versions). http://inkjet411.retailinkjet.com/?page_id=1533
I also started having problems with my HP 870Cse when I began using refilled cartridges and had ink leakage (cartridge contacts corrupted). Check for this problem. If so, remove cartridges and gently clean the spillage. Then try using HP brand cartridges and see if this doesn't remedy the problem.
How to reset the Canon MP150 after a refill (Step 10 concerns refill; instructions below the steps): Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer’s power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back. 3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1. 6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper. 7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if this page doesn't print by itself, press the "color" button once and the test page will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero. 8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet. 9) Close the lid and turn on the printer. 10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.