- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a powerbutton on my sony TV - no amount of pressing the remote will activate the telly unless I forstpop the power button on the top. Once it has been initiated teh remotes work fine.
ALSO check the remote is working by activating a digital camera - can even be a smartphone - point the remote at the lens and you should see a flashing light on the camera screen, if not, check the batteries etc (try another remote for something you know is working to compare the result)
If all that fails, it may well be the TV that's broken.
Make sure the AC cord is not loose or disconnected. Check to ensure the cord is firmly plugged into the outlet at one end, and firmly connected to your television at the other end. The AC cord connects to the television about midway across the back of the set, near the bottom of the back panel. The hole for the AC connection is shaped like a figure eight. Try powering up the TV with the cords firmly connected.
Check the "Main Power" to ensure it is on. Locate the button on the top of the television among the "Volume" and "Channel" buttons. Press the button to switch the television on. If the "Main Power" button is off the remote will not turn on the television. Wait to see if pressing "Main Power" will activate the TV.
Press "TV Power" on the remote control to power up the TV from stand-by mode. If the power light on the front of the television glows red when you press "TV Power" on the remote, press the "Main Power" button on top of the television to remove the TV from stand-by. If the TV is accidentally in stand-by mode it may not come on when pressing certain buttons.
Check the circuit board. If your set still won't turn on and you hear a clicking noise when you plug it in, you most likely have a defective circuit board.
2. Press and hold down select and the red button together until the red light at the top of your Sky remote control flashes twice.
Then enter the remote control code using the number keypad. The red light will flash twice if a valid code has been entered.
4. Point your Sky remote control at your TV and press the vol + & vol - buttons. If this turns the volume up and down as you'd expect, then the tv should be set, press Select and the remote should work
To program a TV you can use the code search option. You do this by making sure the TV is turned on then point the remote at the TV then press the TV button once, then press and hold down the set button until you see the RED l.e.d light blink twice, then enter the code 991. Next press the power button then the TV button continue doing that until the TV turn off, when it does press the set button. Press the power button and the TV should turn on again.
'4 digit' or 'Brand Set' method
1. Turn on your TV.
2. Press TV on your Sky remote control.
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
4. Press TV on your Sky remote control again.
5. Key in the Brand Set code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, re check the code for your TV and start again at step 1.
6. Press the on/off button (power-top right button on your Sky remote control).
If your TV switched off, press select . The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
If your TV did not switch off, press TV , then press the on/off button. Repeat this (press TV , then on/off) until your TV turns off, then press select.
If the light on your Sky remote control blinks three times, your Sky digibox has checked all the possible settings for the code you used. Check that you have the right 4 digit code and start again at step 1.
7. Press TV guide . If you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control setup process is complete.
If you did not see the TV Guide, you must now set the TV Guide function as follows:
8. Press TV on your Sky remote control.
9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.