An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: how to change background
These tabs are the only way to change the background or screen saver. The display properties are integrated into the operating system, so, if the tabs are missing, this is an error with the operating system. Start with a system restore. Keep going back until they show on the display properties. If a restore doesn't work, then you will need to do an operating system repair with your recovery or operating system disc.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please give more details on what you are trying to do.
If you want to take a picture and make it the total size of your screen as the background of your screen, then just right click on the picture and select Set as Desktop Background. If the size is not what you want then go into the display properties and select the Desktop tab and change the Position to be Stretch. Stretch will fill the whole screen with the picture. Tile will fill the whole screen with multiple little pictures. Center will put the picture in the middle of the screen.
To get to the display properties click Start/Control Panel and look for Display or Appearance and Personalization.
You can also get the display properties by Right Click on an open area of the desktop and select Properties.
Hi I am no expert but to me it sounds like you are talking about your screensaver? If so go to your desktop - right click - Personalize/Properties - Screensaver From there you can either turn off the screensaver or select a number of minutes before it does come on ;) Hope this helps :)
-Right click desktop, properties
-Select a background, apply, ok
-Right click Desktop, Personalize
-Click on Desktop Background at bottom
-Select background image from list or click browse and navigate to image
-click save changes
-Right click on the desktop, Change Desktop Background
-select and image or click add and browse to picture
-click picture and click close
I'm guessing you're referring to the Windows desktop background. But if not, please provide additional information.
The Windows desktop background is the image on the desktop that appears behind the shortcuts. To change the background, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the "Display Properties" screen by placing the mouse cursor over a blank area of the desktop. Click the right mouse button to access the context menu and choose "Properties". You can also access the "Display Properties" screen by clicking on Start, select Control Panel, and then Appearances and Themes. Open the "Display" shortcut.
2. Select the "Desktop" tab from the "Display Properties" screen.
3. Pick a picture from the Background list by clicking on it and click on "Center, Tile or Stretch" to select the position. Personal pictures in the "My Pictures" folder are listed by name in the Background list.
4. Choose a background picture in another location by clicking on the "Browse" button. You can use any files with the following extensions: .bmp, .dib, .gif, .htm or .jpg. Click on "Center, Tile or Stretch" to select the position.
The option is under Screen saver options or there is an idle time shut off selection under Power Saver options as well. When you select your screen saver there is are specific options to customize how it shows and how long before it activates. Some screen savers have more options than others.
Hello, maybe it's on your screensaver, so to change or disable your screensaver, move your mouse pointer to a blank part of the desktop. Right-click the mouse button, and scroll down to 'properties'. Left-click on 'properties'. This opens up 'display properties' . You will see some tabs along the top of this box, select 'Screen Saver' and you will see a screen saver drop-down box. Make a mental note of the current settings and try selecting a different one.Then left-click 'Apply' , then 'OK' Regards, nicam49