Unplugged from wall socket before i turned it off...now won't print
I unplugged the printer from the wall socket before I turned it off. now I am getting a "Ink" failer..and a message that said I should not of done that!!!
I have tried turning it off and on...and off at the wall socket, but it's still giving me an error mesage!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try to unplug the power adapter from the printer. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet in the wall. Replug the power cord after at least 10 seconds - bypass any power surge devices or power strips. Replug the power adapter into the printer. Your printer should automatically power on, otherwise, press the power button. If the printer still won't power on, please contact Lexmark technical support for additional assistance.
Try removing the cartridge and very carefully use a damp paper towel to gently clean the printer head of the cartridge. Do you get any ink when you do this? If you do, try putting the cartridge carefully back into place. Check the socket where the cartridge goes when you do this. Does everything seem to be in order?
Do a power reset (turn the printer off with the off button, unplug it for a full minute, then plug it back into the wall socket.) turn the printer back on. hope this helps
1. completely unplug power cord from wall socket,
2. unplug power cord from printer
3. unplug printer cable completely from computer
4. unplug printer cable completely from printer.
5. let printer stay disconnected for approx 1 minute
1. reconnect the printer cable to the printer.
2. reconnect the printer cable to the computer
3. reconnect the power cord to the printer
4. reconnect the power cord to the wall socket
turn printer on
You may find that a connection has simply worked itself loose over time.
We will start with a reset . Pull out the power cable from both ends.Let the cable stay isolated for 20 seconds . Then follow the steps below -
a. put the power cable to the wall socket first
b. press and hold the power and paper type button together and insert the power cable ...... do not release the buttons till all the light flash together - leave the buttons.
c. let the alignment continue if it does....
d. see if the printer is steady and perfect
******* If the printer does not turn on at all then try connecting to the different wall socket / connection....otherwise this printer needs servicing.