Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Pls help me bout psp system software 3.90m33-3, its my nephew psp, it cannot detect the games but when you look at the memory stick there it was. plss help plss thnx
Posted on Jul 01, 2010
Try changing format to .cso
it does help at times.
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
Ok simple and easy u will need to downgrade your psp to 1.50 fw and then upgrade it with custom firmware. simple as that
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
Yeah, if your PSP is not Modded and it is running on official firmware of SONY, then you should prolly have it modded or have it made into custom firmware...If you don't know how to check the what firmware version your PSP is running...then here is how:
open your PSP, then on the XMB, got SYSTEM SETTINGS then to SYSTEM information. on the top it says SYSTEM SOFTWARE, then check if your firmware version has a m33 suffix...if it doesnt have an m33 at the end, then it is an OFFICIAL firmware so have it modded, my friend...
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
You cannot play .iso or .cso files (or any homebrew games) on your PSP unless you have firmware 1.5 or a custom firmware. Any "off-the-shelf" firmware such as 4.2 will not support these types of files. They will just show up as "Corrupted Data".
You can go through the process of downgrading your firmware from 4.2 to 1.5, then from 1.5 you may upgrade to a custom firmware such as 5.00 m33-4. Doing so would require a good deal of technical know-how and a LOT of patience. If you do not want to risk ruining your PSP, do NOT try this. Research methods of downgrading such as "Pandora's Battery" and other firmware downgraders.
You were able to download games from the PSP website because they are programmed to play on the current firmware. Even if you were to (somehow) properly convert the .iso or .cso files to an EBOOT.PBP file, it would not run unless you have firmware 1.5 or custom.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
There are two ways to install games on your Sony PSP (Play Station Portable).
The legit way is to buy original UMDs and insert them in your PSP and game on.
For the not-so-affluent, you can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on your PSP and thendownload games off the internet and copy them to your PSP and play them.
Play ISO / CSO Games on your PSP
1. Install Custom Firmware:
- There are scores of tutorials on the net on how to do this. The easier way out would be to go to any console shop, and get your PSP modded with CFW for around Rs. 200 / $5.
- A detailed tutorial on this coming up soon.
2. Download the Game ISO / CSO.
- Next, search for the game you want, and download the ISO / CSO of the game from torrent sites or any warez forums. Most of the times, the ISO / CSO is compressed into a RAR file so you will need to extract it first using WINRAR.
3. Copy the ISO / CSO to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive in My Computer, and goto the ISO folder. If it isn't there already, create a new folder and rename it to ISO.
- Copy your ISO or CSO files to the ISO folder and disconnect your PSP from the computer.
4. Play the Game on your PSP
- Goto the GAME icon > Memory Stick and select the Game you just copied. Press 'X' and game on.
1. You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) installed in order to use ISO / CSO games on your PSP. The latest version of CFW is 5.00 M33-4.
2. The latest PSP 2004 with TA 088 v3 chips and the PSP 3000 aren't moddable yet.
May 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Mar 09, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 11, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Dec 30, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
May 29, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
May 10, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Sep 19, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Apr 09, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 03, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: