Re: the power indicator turns on but there's no display...
Hi, my daughters had the same problem, this might be hard to explain, when you open your laptop way at the bottom of the screen there is a little prong that goes in to the key board to let the laptop know its opened you need to get a tooth pick and just poke it lightly and screen will turn on again! Just like when you open the refigerator door and the light comes on, in your case the button is sticking. hope this helps. GOD BLESS
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try cold reset by removing the battery including power adapter then press power button for approx. 20 secs. then plug your power adapter then press power button again. press the numlock/ capslock button if there is response showing that your motherboard isnt dead yet. please check also when fan is running momentarily then suddenly stops then post another question here.
Sounds like a capacitor may have burned out on the motherboard, and may be related to the power regulator for the battery. The power regulator on laptops is what regulates how/when/if the battery is charged. Either way, your last posting is correct in that the motherboard needs to be replaced to correct a potentially faulty part soldered into the motherboard.
The most common reasons are the battery, power jack and power adapter/cord.
Power off and remove the battery. If the laptop powers on with just the adapter connected, your battery is faulty.
If you move/wiggle the power adapter at the point where it connects to the laptop, and the power goes off and on, the power jack is the problem.
The power jack is inside the laptop and either needs soldering or replacement.
If no change, the power adapter is probably faulty and needs replacement.
Ultimately, your motherboard could be faulty.
If your system is powering, but no display, connect an external monitor to see if the display itself is the problem. If an external monitor works, it is the display's backlight or inverter board.
If you were experiencing discoloration in the screen (pinkish lower light hues) before it failed, that would indicate a CCFL backlight issue. If the screen suddenly went dim on you rather than a slow degradation the inverter would be indicated.
In either case, a technician in your area should be able to help. Evaluate to see if the repair is cost-effective.
Do a power drain, this may cause by an electrical charge in the motherboard itself,Im Not really sure how it affects the display of the computer but this method usually fix such problem like that, First, removed the battery then unplugged the AC adapter the press and hold the power button or the ON/OFF button for at least 30 seconds then connect the power supply back to your computer then turn it back on, if nothing happens, there is a possibility that the problem is with the LCD or monitor itself that needs to be replaced.
Hope this will help...Your response is very much appreciated...
1. Check your power cord & adapter. 2. If its working then check the battery, reseat the battery & check. 3. If available then check with another battery 4. If no, then remove the battery & switch on the PC in AC mode. 5. Check if battery charging indication or AC power on indication is glowing. if not then need to change ur motherboard. 6. If indication is OK, but could not power ON then check ur RAM for any loose connection or dust. clean & reinstall. 7. If still no display, connect an external monitor, check if display is comming. 8. If Display is coming then your LCD need to replace.
1. Try removing the battery and plug in the AC adapter 2. Check if the LED indicator is lighted. 3. Press turn On If its still not working: you have to replace your laptop motherboard Power supply defective