An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: Unlocking a Sidekick iD for Cingular?
Once your SIDEKICK is unlocked - it will ONLY work for TEXT and CALLS - no data - however, did you know that there is a cheaper solution, called yessim - cost is about $45 and can work on many phones, and be programmed in case you change devices.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have a sidekick 2008 that is unlocked with a universal unlocking chip.
I had the same problem, and I spent hours and hours online looking for a solution. Soft resets, full resets, turning wireless off then on, turning my phone off then on. None of it worked.
What did work, was when I desperately needed to send a text, I put my simcard (vodafone network) into my old vodafone phone. After I put it back into my sidekick, and voila, it worked! Not sure why. But every now and then my sidekick gets stuck on emergency calls only and error NET9, I put my sim in a vodafone phone (for you which ever network your sim is from) then back into my sidekick, and it works again.
1) Insert the Cingular SIM card into the back of the T-Mobile Sidekick ID (it should be located behind the battery).
2) Turn on the Sidekick ID, wait for the screens to load.
3) When the screen says "Waiting for Activation", hold the top left button (the "Menu" button with the three lines) on the Sidekick ID and hold the letter "L" on the QWERTY pad at the same time. After a few seconds, let go of the buttons.
4) If Step 3 is done correctly, the Sidekick should be directed to the jumpscreen and display all of the Menu's of the Sidekick ID.
It's very important to remember that you will only be able to use the SMS features of the Sidekick. Meaning, that you will not be able to use the internet, email, AIM/MSN/Yahoo messengers, or any of the data features. You will only be able to use the phone to call or text.
no sidekicks have a diffrent net work the internet itself is powered by danger a difrent net work then all other internet phone and that doesnt work with att so ther for it will onli work for calls and text
When you say unlock it do you mean that you changed the network settings? because that is not really unlocking it. you still need a "special code" which so far I have only seen that you can get that by paying anywhere from 80 to 100 dollars for. or you could call T-mobile and ask them for it but you have to have had service with them for at least 3 months. sorry.
ok dis is wat u have to do (i only tested dis on cingular or at&t waveva u call it)
1.your sim needs a password
2.turn off ur sidekick 3
3.place ur cingular card in
4.turn on sidekick 3
5.itz gunna ask you for a special code ignore it
6. go to settings den sim center
7. if ur sim lock is disabled jus enable it
8.den change ur sin pin to wateva you want
9.once u change it you will signals bars go up
10.go 2 settings network options
11. press scan scan select manually
12. select ur network
13. and datz it your sim iz workin on sidekick 3
if u turn it off u will have 2 do da same process again
an easy way to make the phone work, but you can't text or access you sim but can make and recieve calls until you can get an unlock code is when it asks for the code, hit the big X button to cancel it out, then hit the upper left three lines button to bring up the menu. Go to settings, then network options, then scroll down to scan and select network manually. let it do it's thing and then pick Cingular or ATT sometimes one or the other shows up. And you can make and recieve calls with your number, I am still working on how to get the texting to work