Question about Projection Televisions
No reds in the picture - everything else seems to work fine. I redset the factory defaults for the video, but the problem persists.
After numerous hours of searching the internet and purchasing a new color wheel I found the real problem. If you replace a color wheel or even the lamp you need to be able to get into the Service Menu. This is something that the repair technicians don't want you to know. With the tv that I have the original owner was told by a repair tech that it would cost about $800.00 to repair. After the tech left the problem was worse than before he got there. After getting into the Service Menu I found that the Contrast was cranked up to 115% and the color wheel setting were way ! way !! out of adjustment. This sounds to me like a repair person trying to make some fast money. I am posting this proceedure so that others will not have to go through what I and the original owner have gone through. Also here is a link to the site that I found this information. They are a good reasonable site for a soure of parts. http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamplg52sx4dub.html
Instructions for resetting counter:
1. With the TV on, press and hold the MENU button on the TV front panel.
2. While holding that button, press and hold the MENU button on your remote.
3. Hold both buttons for ~5 seconds until the service menu comes up on the TV.
4. Release the remote MENU button first, then the TV MENU button.
5. Press and hold the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV front panel.
6. While holding that button, press and hold the MUTE button on the remote.
7. Hold both buttons until the Lamp Life Hours show up on your TV screen.
8. Release the MUTE button first, then the ENTER button on the TV front panel.
9. Make a note of the lamp hours if you want.
10. To reset the lamp hours, press the SELECT button (the one between the four arrow keys with two concentric circles on it) on your remote.
11. It will ask you to confirm the reset--press SELECT again to confirm.
To verify you've reset the hours, you can repeat steps 1-9 above and then just press the EXIT button on your remote.
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2012 | LG 52SX4D 52" HDTV
Sep 19, 2011 | LG 52SX4D 52" HDTV
Mar 07, 2011 | LG 52SX4D 52" HDTV
Oct 06, 2010 | LG 52SX4D 52" HDTV
Sep 27, 2010 | LG 52SX4D 52" HDTV
Jan 23, 2009 | LG RU-52SZ30 52" Rear Projection...
Oct 27, 2007 | Hitachi 65F59 65" HDTV
519 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!