I have the same problem with my tv. it tries to power up and just keeps blinking (it makes a buzzing noise too) i had it fixed once and was told it was the ballast, but why would it blow again? can u please help!!!!
what should this cost?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm going to take a guess and say that the buzzing noise and burning smell was either a transformer or a blown capacitor (more likely). It's likely that your old lamp was still good and there is a problem at the circuit level.
If you or someone you know is comfortable with electronics, you may want to open it up and take a look. If there is a blown capacitor it will be obvious. Take a look at badcaps.net or Youtube for help on identifying them.
If you don't feel comfortable working on the inside of a TV it's probably time to get a new one. Repairs will not be cheap and they won't be worth it.
A pop means that a component inside the tv has failed the big way - it has exploded. The red button that blinks is the status light - it signals that a massive short has been detected and the power source of the tv has been forcefully shut down. The clicking comes from the source, it keeps trying to start so the protection system keeps shutting it down. The failed component will have to be identified, replaced and the rest of the tv tested to check what other damage has occurred and fix it. This is a job for a pro, no way you can fix that yourself. Unplug the tv from the wall - leaving it powered only makes the damage greater - and call one.
immediately check your plyback connectors and wirings.there is a leak in your high voltage and this is dangerous so be carefull..to locate the leak,open the back cover of your tv enough to see the inside components...specially the plyback transformer..power on the tv and look for the arking of the high voltage.it is like a lightning strong light that produces the buzzing sound..once you see the source of the leak..power of the the tv.use a silicon adhesives (silicon gel) a silicon that is use by the glass intallers to bond the mirrors use on the display show room..apply the silicon on the leak area .apply a large amount of it to be sure there is no leak...once it is bonded you can power the tv right away...to check whether the leak is cured...
i have a rca hd61lpw62 makes loud noise and i lose the picture still have sound tv repair man fixed it once and said he had to soilder ballist one month later doing the same thing this time he said it was the color wheel sounds like he is just guesssing you can wait a few moments and it comes back on help please
If it has been moved or bumped recently the sound you are hearing is the main HT lead that has been displaced. TGhis is a blasck lead with a rubber disk surround at its end that fits into the picture tube. Do not touch without turning TV Off and using rubber gloves to reinsert.
if you changed the energy mode from standard to low that is normal, anytime you turn the set on it will do the same,
plug set green light will blink one minute.
turn it on it will blink onother minute and then turn on(make sure that you dont keep pressing power key) once on you can change your settings again.
You really should give make & model number when posting, it helps us immensely, your lamp and possibly the ballast is bad, start with a new lamp first, odds are very good that it will fix your problem, can`t help more without manufacturer and model number, good luck, ps, order the original lamp, generics are junk and a waste of your money.