- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Shorted component/s at its power amplifier section circuit. Contact any service technician. If you wish to get some details; visit the site linked here. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
How to reset yamaha HTR-5650 AV receiver (maybe others) to factory default settings:
1. turn power off. 2. press the 6ch input and stereo button simultaneously for 4 seconds. Then while holding down these 2 buttons, turn the power on. 3. press preset tuning to the right until option #9 is selected. 4. Then, press program button until the *RV option is selected. 5. turn power off, wait 10 seconds. 6. turn power on, settings are reset.
1 Hold down STEREO on the Front Panel
"Factory Preset" appears on the front panel
2 Press STEREO to select the desired setting.
'Reset' To reset to factory presets
'Cancel' to cancel without making changes
3 Press STANDBY/ON to confirm your selection
I have the same problem as you but no thunderstorm. Mine happened after I connected speakers with the unit operating and had a speaker wire short at the back of the unit. Got a whiff of smoke and now I have that DSL1U unit clicking same as you. Did anyone suggest a fix?
I JUST EXPERIENCED THE SAME SITUATION HERE IS THE SOULTION YAMAHA SENT ME TO RESET THE SYSTEM HTR-5990
YAMAHA HTR-5990 FACTORY PRESET PROCEDURES
All models require the STANDBY/ON button to be turned OFF to start the reset process.
NOTE: The remote control cannot be used during the reset procedure. All necessary buttons to complete the reset process are located on the front panel of the receiver. This procedure is not intended to correct intermittent shut-off symptoms or problems
MODEL: HTR-5990 (U.S.A. model/s)
(BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, PLEASE READ THE ABOVE NOTES!)
1. Before you start this procedure, locate the MASTER ON/OFF button and the STRAIGHT/EFFECT button on the Front Panel of the unit.
2. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR RECEIVERS MASTER ON/OFF HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.
3. With the Right Hand, press and hold the STRAIGHT/EFFECT button.
With the Left Hand, press the MASTER ON/OFF button and HOLD both buttons for no more than 3 SECONDS, AT THE SAME TIME.
SP IMP. * 8 MIN. will appear on the display, which indicates you are in the Diagnostics Mode.
4. Rotate the PROGRAM KNOB to the right (ONCE) until the display reads PRESET *CANCEL.
5. Press the STRAIGHT/EFFECT button (ONCE) and the display will change to PRESET RESET.
6. Turn the unit off by pressing the MASTER ON/OFF button.
7. Wait 5 seconds, then turn the unit on by pressing the MASTER ON/OFF button. You have now reset your component to the factory settings.
NOTE: Yamaha receivers dont have to be reset during normal operation. It is not recommended that you reset the receiver unless a setting has been changed that you are not aware of, or the receiver is not operating properly. The reset procedure will clear an incorrect setting that might be causing abnormal operation.