Question about Panasonic AG-DS555 S-VHS VCR
I have done several DS55s, DS850s, DS550s. Let me know if you're still interested. Typical repair cost runs $300 - $500.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Workup for repair
Diagnosis for Magnavox 32MD251D/37
• Will not power on
• Once on, if turned off power might not return
• Does not respond to power cycling
• Overloaded fuse
• Damaged/fried power board
• Damaged/fried inverter board
• Damage to wiring or related
• Overloaded capacitors on power board - I identified this based on a visual inspection and a multi meter test
• Capacitor 2079 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• Capacitor 2080 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• The capacitors referenced regulate the voltage controlling the power. These caps have a limited lifetime in hours which is usually around 3000. The device was left on for an extended period of time overloading these essential components.
1. I will order a set of replacement capacitors
2. Discharge board prior to work
3. Remove and replace damaged capacitors
Required Parts (total cost $30):
• (2) Vented axial 1200uF 35v Capacitors - $8
• Variable wattage soldering iron (minimum 35w) - $22
Feb 10, 2013 | Magnavox 32MD251D/37 Tabletop Pedestal...
Aug 20, 2011 | Panasonic AG-1980 S-VHS VCR
Dec 18, 2010 | Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
May 21, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Mar 28, 2010 | Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Jan 02, 2008 | Panasonic AG-DV2000 Mini DV VCR
Dec 13, 2007 | Panasonic AG-DS555 S-VHS VCR
Dec 03, 2007 | Panasonic SC-HT1500 System
Jul 28, 2006 | Panasonic AG-DS555 S-VHS VCR
287 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: