Question about Panasonic AG-DS555 S-VHS VCR
I have done several DS55s, DS850s, DS550s. Let me know if you're still interested. Typical repair cost runs $300 - $500.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Workup for repair
Diagnosis for Magnavox 32MD251D/37
• Will not power on
• Once on, if turned off power might not return
• Does not respond to power cycling
• Overloaded fuse
• Damaged/fried power board
• Damaged/fried inverter board
• Damage to wiring or related
• Overloaded capacitors on power board - I identified this based on a visual inspection and a multi meter test
• Capacitor 2079 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• Capacitor 2080 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• The capacitors referenced regulate the voltage controlling the power. These caps have a limited lifetime in hours which is usually around 3000. The device was left on for an extended period of time overloading these essential components.
1. I will order a set of replacement capacitors
2. Discharge board prior to work
3. Remove and replace damaged capacitors
Required Parts (total cost $30):
• (2) Vented axial 1200uF 35v Capacitors - $8
• Variable wattage soldering iron (minimum 35w) - $22
Feb 10, 2013 | Magnavox 32MD251D/37 Tabletop Pedestal...
Aug 20, 2011 | Panasonic AG-1980 S-VHS VCR
Dec 18, 2010 | Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
May 21, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Mar 28, 2010 | Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Jan 02, 2008 | Panasonic AG-DV2000 Mini DV VCR
Dec 13, 2007 | Panasonic AG-DS555 S-VHS VCR
Dec 03, 2007 | Panasonic SC-HT1500 System
Jul 28, 2006 | Panasonic AG-DS555 S-VHS VCR
286 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: