Shoot that ugly piece of ****. I have the same prob. I am about to grab an ak-47 and put a couple rounds into it. Everytime i use reg. batt. my mem. erases. Now it forgot who it is and i dont know how to format it. Rechargable batteries dont giv me any probs, tho. Help! Tell how to format it plz
Yeah it sux..but I have found if you remove the power source (i.e. the battery) for a duration of time then you have a 30% it will restart..can help you about the file lose though..that **** sux..cheap bastard.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error message may largely be due to the corrupted Music Database file that the Sansa M240 creates to maintain an information pool on the music files downloaded to it.
Normally, if you are unable to completely format the player in Windows Explorer, there are still 2 other (and actually, more recommended) options that you have:
(1) Switching the M240 to MSC mode and formatting in "Disk Management". You can get to this window by right-clicking the "My Computer" icon and selecting "Manage". Make sure that you use the FAT file system to optimize the 1GB memory
(2) Switching the M240 to MTP mode and formatting the player in Windows Media Player 10 or version 11.
The mode of the M240 can be changed by accessing the menu and going to "Settings", then choosing "USB"
In general, formatting the player in "Disk Management" is more effective than formatting it in Windows Explorer.
Also, it would be a good idea to upgrade the player's firmware to the latest version via the SanDisk website:
I hope this helps. The M240 is a great player.