is a flash player problem.
Please followthese steps to upgrade to the most recent version of Adobe's Flash Player:
1. Beforeinstalling Adobe Flash, you will need to first uninstall any older versions youcurrently have running on your computer. To do so, download Adobe'sofficial uninstaller here
. Make sure to select your correct operatingsystem, and then "Uninstall Flash."
2. Now thatyou've uninstalled the older version of Flash, follow Adobe's instructions
for reinstalling the most recentversion. You can download Flash Player on this page: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
3. Once you'vedownloaded the file, please exit your browser first, and then install theupgraded version of Flash to you're computer.
4. Finally,open your browser again and go to YouTube. You should now be able sosuccessfully watch videos!
If theinstructions above don't resolve the issue, please also try the following:
1. Temporarilydisable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
2. AllowYouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
3. Ensureother applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Playeraren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the videoplayer.
4. Make sureyour computer is set up properly for Flash by checking out Adobe'sAdvanced Troubleshooter here
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solvesthe issue, please rate
it and give a testimonial
for my response.