Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
After running an AntiVirus program make sure to write down the name(S) of any that are detected including the path if its given.
Especially some Trojans require more than just one action to remove it. If you don't notice any problems in performance don't worry but if you do, take these steps you'll be surprised that it isn't always gone.
***TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE***
1) Do a search on each viruses name (1 @ a time)
2) Right click on it selecting "open containg folder" or to that effect.
3) Take a look at surrounding folders if any, to see any others having at least part of the file name in it. These are the ones you right click "delete" and quickly empty recycle bin.
4) Now do a search for prefetch. If you have more than one look for C:Windows. Hit Ctrl + A on your keyboard at the same time highlighting all files/folders. Delete/empty recycle bin.
5) Next restart your pc. This will flush out the different memory locations.
If you still think your pc is infected post back. I'll try to help with finding the others locations viruses tend to hide.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
Download and run avast free anti-virus software. They give a 60 day demo or you can register on the website before you download and they will Email you an unlock code, schedule a boot time scan and let it run its course. after the first virus is detected choose option 2 to delete all (automatically).
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2012 | Computers & Internet
on Jul 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 10, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario C700T
Feb 24, 2010 | Mozilla Firefox
Sep 27, 2009 | Bell Computers & Internet
Jul 21, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jul 07, 2008 | Gateway MX6920 Notebook
Apr 16, 2008 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jan 26, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!