Question about Microwave Ovens
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
In some models it is a larger stirrer cover type made of thicker plastic in the ceiling of the oven.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.
Please write back with your brand and model number if you need further help.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2014 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven
Jan 31, 2013 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
May 09, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 23, 2010 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Nov 02, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 20, 2009 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Jun 02, 2009 | Sanyo EM-U1000W Microwave Oven
Apr 27, 2009 | General Electric PVM1870SMSS Microwave...
Dec 07, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!