Can I load my pics and texts to pc and how do i save these to sim
to move your phone and pictures to your pc, do these steps.
note 1. if you didn't installed the samsung pc suite yet, do these.
>> if your pictures are stored in the phone memory, do these..
1. move all the pictures to your memory card.
2. insert your sd card to its adapter and insert them to your for laptop, sd card slot. for desktop, you need to have a memory card reader. by then it will be read by both pc and laptop as mass storage device and you can easily drag and drop files from both pc to your memory card.
OPTION (you can also do these)
1. configure your phone pc connections settings, check ask for pc connections, you can find the settings through, menu, select settings, select phone settings, select pc connections, check '' ask on connections''
2. connect your phone, it will ask for pc connections, select memory card, your computer will read it the same way as mass storage device, once read, you can drag and drop files from pc to your memory card.
>>>i believe there is no way you can back up your messages by using your phone, not unless you have a program to do it, like PIM backup, or messages backup or something like that..
Note 2. if you installed your samsung PC suite program,do these.
>> connect your phone, let it be searched by the PC studio, once connected, do the following.
1. open your communicator, select messages.
2. synchronize your phone message to the program,
3. highlight all the sms, mms(both inbox and outbox or sent) open the menu, select export to pc, once successful, the software will ask you where to save it. create a new folder (SMS backup) and save it there.
4. do the same way for your MMS, (both inbox and sent)
5. check the file in your computer NPS if the export was successful, you will find there the file which you had assigned a name.
>>to save pictures to your computer using samsung pc suite, do these..
1. double click your phone icon, the pc suite will read it, wait for it until it displays the panel.
2. from the panel, select files either from your phone or from your memory card.
3. once selected, highlight the picture images,press and hold and drop to the computer icon, the file will be saved from there. to check the files save, open your documents, default saving folder is not NPS but my pictures folder.
please consider that if highlighting images can not be done, then do it one by one, click and hold the images and drop to the computer icon. and to organize your file for immediate retrieval, create a folder from your NPS( you can see it to my computer my documents) and rename it as IMAGE BACKUP or your phone name_image back up (i.e; impression_image_backup)
Note 3. to transfer your files to your new cell, please consider this, if the phone your going to buy is not a samsung or the same brand as your previous phone then you will be having these effects,
1. the messages you have backed up will not be recognized by your new phone software program, then i advise you to copy your messages to your sim, the only advantage of it is, if your sim can only hold several text messages, hence you can not save all.
2. the phone book contacts may also not be recognized, hence i advice you to create 3 back up for your phone book contacts, A) make it as npf file extension for your samsung phone. B) the other as csv file extension C) outlook contacts or vcard extension file. you can select this in the drop down menu during saving or back up.
and to answer your question, you can't save your pictures to your sim, as your sim is not designed for it, unless, your network provider sim is providing this service.
you can check from your phone book settings, what is the default memory of phone contacts storage. for your pictures, you can check also from settings, just select memory settings and select default memory.
last thing, you can do the above steps for your new phone, the only difference is that, you will not be using the samsung pc suite, but your new phone's pc suite.
hope i answered your queries..
regards and take care.
Mar 01, 2010 |
Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone