Question about Televison & Video
If the red light stays on and the tv does not react to any input from buttons or remote... the problem is one 7 pins integrated circuit on the upper side of the power board .the ic is situated on the right side of the power socket .It costs about 2$ and can be replaced by someone with mimimal electronics skills and a 30w solder iron .
Posted on Apr 20, 2010
SOURCE: TV Sharp Aquos LC-32D44E/S
Good day to you and welcome to fixya..
That problem is usually have 2 causes..Its either power supply board or main board..
Please take this steps on how to determine the problem:
1. Open the back cover.
2. Check the power supply output...It should have 5vdc for the main board..12vdc or 16vdc for the audio and 24vdc for the back-light inverter..
3. If those 3 voltage supplies have encountered voltage drop...The problem could be on power supply board..
4. If the power supply output is normal..The problem could be on the main board...
5. If the problem is power supply you should check if the capacitors are bulged on the top and try to replaced it..If you can't do that you can purchased new power supply board..
6. If the problem is on main board there is no D.I.Y repair on that so you need to buy a new main board that fits to your TV..
You have a better chances if you have failing capacitors on the power supply board..
Please watch this videos about capacitors..
Hope this solution will be helpful..
Thanks for using fixya...
Posted on Aug 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2016 | Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE650U 70" Class Full HD...
May 01, 2016 | Sharp Aquos Q Series LC-60UQ17 60"" Class...
Sep 05, 2014 | Hisense Televison & Video
May 17, 2014 | Sharp 60" LC-60LE757U AQUOS Full HD Smart...
Aug 13, 2011 | Sharp Aquos LC-32G4U 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Dec 04, 2010 | Sharp Aquos LC-37G4U 37 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Dec 30, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 25, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-46D62U 46 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 19, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-32G4U 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jan 16, 2008 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!