Question about Western Digital My Book Essential Edition (WDG1U5000N) 500 GB Hard Drive
Try this. Go into the control panel.
Select Administrative tools.
Select Computer Management.
Under the storage setting look for Disk Management.
See if the partition information is available for your drive. If it isn't, let me know.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
How do I format the external hard drive on a Macintosh computer?
To format the drive for MAC OSX
1. Connect the drive to your computer.
2. Open Disk Utility. (Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility). Select the hard drive in the left hand column and click on the Erase tab.
3. In the Volume Format drop-down menu, select Mac OS Extended *.
4. Once you have selected the format and have named the drive, click on Erase. You will be presented with a 'Are you Sure' dialog.
5. The drive will format and upon completion will be available for use.
Note: * For the best performance, we recommend using Mac OS Extended format. However, if you will be transferring files between a Windows system and a Macintosh, format the drive as MS-DOS (FAT32) or use a program such as MediFour
Jul 20, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jan 10, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
May 16, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Aug 23, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Feb 27, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jun 15, 2008 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: