That little gear in the back is called the bushing and may be damaged. there used to be a customer repair kit that was sold for out of warranty customers. since that product is no longer supported, I'm not sure you can still get one. take a look at the gear to see if it is missing teeth or is cracked.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: i keep getting a display message of L and a 3
Hi renee - L3 error code indicates a platen problem. The platen did not move within 15 seconds after the main motor turned on.
Check if any items are blocking the movement of the platen. The platten is the glass that moves across the top of the copier when copies are made. It must have free movement.
1) Remove the obstacle if there is a blockage.
2) If there's no blockage ,power the copier off for 30 seconds, power back on and try another copy.
If this fixes your problem PLEASE rate this as fixed. Let me know what happens. If you need more help just add a comment and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thanks.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try reset the error code. Turn OFF the copier,press and keep pressed the Utility key turn ON the copier wait to display appaire the Trouble reset message.Release the Utility key,touch the message and turn OFF the copier.Wait 1 minutes and turn ON.
I suggest you try to reset the printer. remove the cartridges before starting these steps.
1. Press the Power button and the Cancel button at the same time and release them. The display will show 'Enter Special Key Combo'. 2. Now press the Blue(Scan), Green(Color Copy) and Grey(Black Copy) buttons one after the other. The display will show 'Support
In the Jaguar series, (ar-168d) you will need to get into the simulations; press in rapid succession: # * C * You will know when you did it fast enough when all the display lights go out except the number display, press 41 start/copy. then 6 start/copy. Let the copier do what it needs to.
The scanner will move, keep the lid down, it will let you know when it is done when it goes silent. Then press CA key to clear out and try copies again.
Hello sir; your machine temperatur too high need to reset the procedur as follow;
1, press "stop/clear" key, "start" key", and left copy density key.
2, press "stop/clear" key again.
3, enter U163 press "start".
4, when screen display "CLE" then press "start" again to reset.
I finally got a solution to my problem, which is the same as this one. When trying to scan via USB, you have to make sure the unit is set to USB. On the top panel just above the LCD display, is 3 buttons, Copy, Fax, Scan. Hit the SCAN button, till the display says USB SCANNING. Then try to scan again. Good luck!!
Follow the steps carefully from the front panel of the All-in-One.
1. Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps given below.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key. B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Now Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Now the Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11.Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12.To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
Hello Ernest T,
If the main thermistor which monitors the temperature of the fusing unit (that hot as hell area) is out of postion this problem can occur. The thermistor determines when the fusing area is hot enough to allow the copier to display"READY". If it is backed away from the fuser roller it cannot reliably read the temperature and it may cause the copier to display suspended because it reacting as if because of a long copy run it could not keep up the temp and so it "suspends" as it tries to ramp the temperature back up. Make sure the thermistor is touching the fuser roller.
H4-00 is a fuser related service code. you need to get into the simulation programs and run sim 14 to reset the code. Make sure there is no paper jammed in the fuser. (The hot part on the right side inside the door)