GE Microwave, inexpensive model, I place a cup of coffee to warm on the turntable, enter a time, it ends and beeps, I open the door, the coffee cup handle is positioned away. I've gone through many...
Hello BillJohn! I've found that, after many countless hours of precise trial and error testing, that the optimum placement of the cup and a predetermined time entered on the keypad will yield the desired results you're seeking.
By placing the cup on the outer edge of the turntable, with the handle facing to the right side, when looking straight at the cup of water, you would then close the door until it latches and enter in a time of 2:38 onto the timer, (that's 2 minutes and 38 seconds) with a termperature setting of either low or medium, (not the default high).
This will provide you with a warmed up cup of joe, with the handle facing in such a manner that you should be able to grasp it in either your left or right paw without much trouble. However, this will only work approximately 82.5% of the time, the rest of the 17.5% the cup will end up at the 3 or 4 o'clock position (when the handle will be facing the back of the micro).
Otherwise, you'll be destined to have to grasp the cup with your hand and manually rotate it until the handle can be grabbed easily for extraction from the microwave. Of course, it goes without saying that that cup could be quite warm after the timer beeps and signals that the heating/cooking process has been completed.
Please remember that this highly sofisticated kitchen appliance was once only available to the ultra rich, back when the first Amana Radarranges were available for sale. These microwaves once had the unbelievable pricing at around $1200, all so some ultra rich person could reheat their leftover quails eggs and caviar, (along with that peruvian cop of coffee that their butler let go cold).
So be thankful that modern manufacturing technics have been able to harness the atom vibrations that allow for rapid heating and cooking for under $100 these days! Why just today, Home Depot was offering a dal for a small microwave for $19.00 on their Black Friday deals! I would have purchased it, but after seeing your issues with these new fangled devices, I decided that having to rotate my cup after reheating it, was just too much to do, even for the odd 17.5% of the time it happens!
Enjoy that warm cup of Joe and please keep an ongoing log of your actual results of how many times the cup and handle end up in the unaccessible position of 3 and 4 o'clock for the next 30 days.
I'm seeking more real-world data before I publish my statistics on this unusual cup/handle ending position phenomena.
Hope you find this Very Helpful and best regards!
Nov 27, 2009 |
GE Microwave Ovens