Question about Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
I noticed your posts back in November concerning the Oasis Washer. My model is 110.27062600 (Serial CT0570602). The unit continually beeps with no error codes. It starts by itself in the middle of the night. If I power on and wait 5 seconds, the delay button lights and the display counts 1H, 2H, up to 10 and then goes back to normal at 43. Push start and it will run and beep continually through all the cycles; however, I cannot tell you if it is filling and working correctly. Please advise as to what board to replace. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org On a personal note I am glad I spent all the extra money to get a top of the line washer. My old cheap model lasted 15 years and was still working when I gave it away. I think the top of the line model lasted 15 months. I appreciate your help.
The problem is the User Interface board behind the control panel. This is a noted problem that often occurs with this model washer. The only option, I hate to say (unless you want to listen to the washer beep all the time) is to replace the board.
The part(s) you need are available at searspartsdirect.com. Simply type in your model number and look under the "Control Panel Parts" heading for item number 7 (User Interface - part #8564393). You may also consider item number 12 (User Interface Harness - part #3407184) to rule out the possibility of a bad wiring harness. You can try to do end to end continuity checks before considering a replacement just to be sure. The contacts are sometimes difficult to get to with a multimeter, though.
This is a fairly simple repair to accomplish on your own. Just follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. Remove the three screws in the back of the console.
3. With the screws loosened, the console will come of by lifting from the back first. Use care not to damage the small wire harness under the console.
4. Remove the wire harness from the User Interface board and remove the knob (by pulling) from the front panel. Lay the entire control panel face down on a soft surface (like a stack of towels).
5. Carefully remove the white plastic cover plate that is installed over the control board.
6. Once the cover is removed, carefully remove the old interface board by prying gently on the series of tabs around the perimeter of the board. There may also be some mounting screws to remove as well.
7. With the old board removed, carefully install the new board by inserting the control knob shaft through the hole first. Then, gently snap the board in place, making sure all the tabs around the perimeter of the board are in place. Reinstall any small mounting screws. NOTE: Do not handle the surface of the board with your hands. Handle the edges only, to avoid electrostatic discharge from your body causing damage to the board.
8. Reinstall the protective plastic white cover over the interface board.
9. Flip the console upright and reinstall the wiring harness and control knob (The knob only goes on one way).
10. Carefully insert the console in the front grooves on top of the washer, first. Then lower the back and reinstall the screws.
The repair is pretty straight forward. However, if you have questions, please post back and let me know. I hope this helps you.
PS I tried to find parts for this washer at others websites, but could not find a listing for it.
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2014 | Sears Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Nov 09, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
May 04, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Apr 28, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Feb 08, 2010 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Sep 18, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Aug 03, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis ST 6806 Electric Dryer
Jun 19, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Apr 26, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
985 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!