Question about Computers & Internet
If it's a router that you have physical access to, you can use a pen to reset the router to default ( unsecured ), and address the router and reset a password.
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2013 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Dec 07, 2012 | D-Link (DI-711) Router
May 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 01, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jan 20, 2011 | Buffalo Technology AirStation Nfiniti...
2. Open a web browser on the computer.
3. In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
4. Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit.
5. Click on Security in the left-hand column under the Wireless heading.
6. Use the drop-down menu and select "WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)".
either WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA-PSK2 as your Authentication;
doing this will set the Encryption Technique automatically.
8. Enter a word or group of characters in the password (PSK) box. The Pre-Shared Key must be 8 to 63 characters in length. Note: The PSK (Pre-Shared Key) is case-sensitive ("A" is different than "a").
a. Un checking the Obscure PSK box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed.
9. Click the "Apply Changes" button to save the settings.
Any/all wireless computers that connect to this network will be required to have this Pre-Shared Key (password).
Dec 18, 2010 | Belkin Wireless Pre-N (F5D8230-4) Router...
Jun 23, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 12, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Apr 03, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!