NEC Computers has developed this update file to address several service issues with MobilePro 770 and 800 handheld personal computers.
To assure proper operation, NEC Computers strongly recommends that you update your MobilePro 770 and 800 systems immediately by installing this file according to the installation instructions.
* Download MP77_Update.CAB for MobilePro 770 and 800: ftp://ftp.neccomp.com/pub/Catalog/4058/MP77_Update.asp
* View Installation Instructions: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001313#Installation
* See Contents of MP77_Update.CAB: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001313#Contents
* Read Additional Frequently Asked Questions: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001313#FAQ
Installation Instructions for MP77_UPDATE.CAB for MobilePro 770 and 800
First, download MP77_UPDATE.CAB to either your HOST or MobilePro system. It must be manually loaded onto your MobilePro by either using a dial up connection, PCMCIA Flash card, or from a connected PC before continuing with the installation.
To install the MP77_UPDATE.CAB file, follow these steps:
Note: An out of memory error message will be displayed if you attempt to install this file twice.
1. Back up your MobilePro data and configuration using the Microsoft ActiveSync backup procedure. For details on using ActiveSync, see your MobilePro User's Guide.
2. Perform a Soft reset on your MobilePro.
Note: Performing a Soft reset does not erase your data. It simply cleans up the memory and refreshes the system registry.
3. Copy the MP77_UPDATE.CAB file to you MobilePro desktop.
4. Install the file by double tapping the MP77_UPDATE ICON with your stylus. For proper installation, you MUST accept the default location - \Program Files, by clicking OK.
5. Perform a Soft reset on your MobilePro.
6. Once the update file is installed, NECC recommends that you use the ActiveSync backup procedure to again back-up your system. This time your backup will include the update file so you can restore both your data and the update file should either ever be erased.
Contents of MP77_UPDATE.CAB for MobilePro 770 and 800
This file installs updates to the following built-in MobilePro drivers:
* StartUI: This driver eliminates a memory leak that reduces user resources.
* Bitmap files: Replaces an incorrectly sized bitmap file that can cause the unit to lock up if either "the power on password" or "Display Owner Notes features" are enabled for use.
NOTE: NEC Computers strongly recommends that you update your MobilePro 770 and 800 systems immediately by installing MP77_UPDATE.CAB according to the following instructions.
NOTE: During Installation of this file, you must accept the default installation directory or the updates will not be effective!
For assistance or further
Sep 15, 2005 |
NEC MobilePro 770