Please help, the wheel used to select different modes of use for the
camcorder (record, play-back, still photo, etc) has been damaged and
the cam occasionally switches modes mid-play-back etc. Where can I
have it fixed. I love my camera and use it often. Please help,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
See Page 39 of the Online Manual - link below
Goto Camera Menu> Camera Setup > 16:9 > On/Off
Make sure you are in camera Mode - see page 46 - modes 16:9 can be used in
See also page 77, for details of how 16:9 can be set and used - see below
In 1990s Sony camcorder records movie in analog format so playing in digital camcorder like DCR-TRV730 doesn't mean it will be converted in digital format and you can not import file in PC for editing purpose. You will get analog signal while playing back old cassettes.
Regarding SP, LP speed, its decided at time of recording. Camera sens SP or LP automatically in playback and set itself accordingly.
If you want to convert old cassettes into digital format, connect our camcorder to DVD recorder and burn DVD which is digital format, copy DVD files in to PC and do desired editing.
The Canon DC210 will only take 'minus' format DVDs (DVD-R, DVD-R DL and DVD-RW). Only the DVD-RW must be formatted (initialised) before use. During initialisation you'' be asked whether you want to initialise the disc in VIDO mode or in VR mode.
VIDEO mode: Once finalised discs recorded in VIDEO mode can be played back in most common DVD players, offering the best compatibility. However, recordings cannot be edited (deleted, rearranged etc) on the camcorder.
VR mode: You can easily edit the recordings on the camcorder. However, discs recorded in VR mode can only be played back with DVD players that are compatible with DVD-RW discs in VR mode.
My preference is Video mode - I can then play the disc on a DVD player and edit it on a PC.
Now, to initialise a DVD-RW
1. Press the 'FUNC.' key 2. Use the joystick to select 'MENU' - it's in the bottom left corner of the screen 3. Use the joystick to select 'DISC OPERATIONS' 4. Use the joystick to select 'DISC INITIALIZE' 5. Use the joystick to select either 'VIDEO' or 'VR' mode 6. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to confirm your choice 7. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to start initialising the disc
Close the menu only after the screen display returns to the 'DISC OPERATIONS' menu.
Don't forget to rate this solution once you've tried it !
I have the same problem
faillure of the CCD-chip.
when your camcorder is produced between 2000 and 2004 you can have this problem.
Problem also known in other fabricats ( sony etc.)
Sony repairs it for free. Samsung refuses this
You may want to check the record lockout safety switch located on the tape. This button can get moved by accident and the camera will refuse to record on that tape. Also, be sure the camera is in "video" mode, not "photo" mode. Some of Canons camcorders have a digital still camera mode which stops the camcorder from functioning because the photos are being recorded to a memory card and not your tape, please check this swithc as well.
Audio Dubbing may vary by model. Most Digital Camcorders are equipped with this feature. To verify that your model is, please view the User Manual.
* The AUDIO DUBBING function only works in PLAYER Mode.
* You can add sound to the original sound on a pre-recorded tape, recorded in SP mode with 12bit sound.
* Use the internal and external microphones or other audio equipment.
* The original sound will not be erased.
1. Set the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
* If you want to use an external microphone, connect the microphone to the external MIC input jack on the camcorder.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the camcorder by inserting the cable jack into the A/V in/out terminal at the left side of the camcorder.
- Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
- Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
2. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button and find the timeframe of the scene to be dubbed.
3. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to pause the scene.
4. Press the A.DUB button on the Remote Control.
* A.DUB will be displayed on the LCD.
* The camcorder is in a ready-to-dub state for dubbing.
5. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to start dubbing.
* Press the (STOP) button to stop the dubbing.
* You can not use the audio dubbing function while playing a write protected video tape.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, you must connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the audio system from which you wish to record.
* You cannot dub sound on a pre-recorded tape in LP or 16 bit mode.
Dubbed audio Playback
1. Insert the dubbed tape and press MENU button.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V.
3. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
4. Use the MENU DIAL to select AUDIO SELECT from the submenu.
5. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
6. Using the MENU DIAL, select the AUDIO playback channel.
Press the ENTER button to confirm the audio playback channel.
* SOUND1 : play the original sound.
* SOUND2 : play the dubbed sound.
* MIX(1+2) : play back SOUND1 and 2 equally mixed.
7. To exit, press the MENU button.
8. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to playback the dubbed tape.
Note: When you playback added sound (SOUND2 or MIX mode), you may experience loss of sound quality.