Message window reads "unable to clean" and machine will not print period
The "unable to clean" message won't go away.No printing can be done until a cleaning has been done by the machine. All ink cartridges(4) have been removed, filled, and reinstalled. the machine has been turned off, then on, after 10 seconds.Nothing I know to do seems to work.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The messages unable to print, unable to clean, unable 36, error 46 and error 32 are all print head errors.
1. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine 2. Clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself with a small amount of warm water or alcohol on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Note: if any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
3. Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds 4. Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message 5. Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If it is it means the print head has failed and in order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced. The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself.
"How do I clear the message Unable to..." ( "Unable to Change" "Unable to Clean" "Unable to Init" "Unable to Print" "Unable to Scan" )? Step1: To clear the message follow the steps listed below:
1. Check for foreign objects, such as a paper clip or scrap of paper, inside the machine.Unplug the machine from the power outlet and open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover. Look inside the machine and remove any foreign objects. If you see jammed paper or another item inside this area, gently pull it out and then close the scanner cover securely. 2.If the error continues to appear, the machine may have a mechanical problem.If the error message continues to appear, the machine will need to be reset. Resetting the machine will erase all faxes in memory and the Fax Journal Report. Please make sure you have followed the instructions in the Step1. 3.If the error still continues to appear, move the print head and examine under the print head. 3-1.Disconnect the Brother machine from the poweroutlet. 3-2.Open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover. 3-3.Check the print head's position. 3-4.Gently move the print head to the center. 3-5.Examine under the print head. If anything is found, remove it.Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly. 3-6.Close the cover and reconnect the machine to the power outlet. If the message continues to appear on the LCD, the machine will require repair.
Step2: Check if the machine has faxes in its memory
1.Transfer the Fax Journal Report
1.Press Menu/Set or Menu on the Control Panel of the machine. 2.Press the up or down navigation key until Service appears on the LCD. Then press Menu/Set or Menu. 3.Press the up or down navigation key until Data Transfer appears on the LCD. Then press Menu/Set or Menu. 4.Press the up or down navigation key until Report Trans appears on the LCD. Then press Menu/Set or Menu. 5.The LCD will prompt you to enter a fax number. Enter the number of the fax that you want to receive and print the report. Press Black(Mono) Start.
2.Verify and Transfer faxes in memory
1.Press Menu/Set or Menu on the Control Panel of the machine. 2.Press the up or down navigation key until Service appears on the LCD. Then press Menu/Set or Menu. 3.Press the up or down navigation key until Data Transfer appears on the LCD. Then press Menu/Set or Menu. 4.Press the up or down navigation key until Fax Transfer appears on the LCD. Then press Menu/Set or Menu. 5.If there are no faxes saved in memory, NO DATA will appear on the LCD. Continue to Step 3. If faxes are present, the LCD will prompt you to enter a fax number. Enter the number of the fax that you want to receive and print the faxes. Press Black(Mono) Start .
3.Reset the machine After the Fax Journal Report and faxes in memory have been transferred to another fax machine, disconnect the Brother machine from the power source for several minutes and then reconnect it.
I have a Brother HL 4040Cn printer that has stopped working completely with the exception of the side exhaust fan running. This machine has printed low volume of work over it's 18 month period and I have read another post today describing the same problem!! Any ideas? Brother want a minimum of €150 to take a look at it.
My color has not worked well in the past few months. Now I get the message Unable to Print, Use Troubleshooting and rountine maintenance chapter in user's manual. I've tried everything it told me. I've removed all ink cartridges and left them upright (they are ALL brand new) and cleaned all the ink ports. I've cleaned the machine several times. It's told me there's no ink cartrige, I've replaced them, turned the machine off and on, unlplugged, etc. Then go to print and I get the same message again and it won't print. The machine is almost 2 years old and has worked fine until about 6 months ago when the magenta stopped working all together. Now this. Any help? Thanks.