Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
I have used the easy install cd 8 times all with the same results. I run the cd and follow all instructions. Everything says it is good to go. Thge modem light is flashing, the wireless alight is flashing, the internet light is on, the compuster light for my desktop is on. I then take my laptop and try to connect to the internet wirelessly. My laptop finds the network and says it has full signal strength. I then choose connect to network and type in personal password for the router. My laptop will then connect to the network but immediately the internet light will go off on the router and the network connection page shows there is a break in the connection between the internet and the network even though my laptop is tstill connected to the network. I then have no internet access through the desktop that is plugged directly into the router. I have tried setting up the router with an unsecured and secured network but nothing works. I have a laptop and desktop that run vista and a laptop that runs xe, as well as an iphone. None of them will connect. My service is cable provided by comcast with a RCA dhg535-2 modem. What can I do?
You may be running into a problem of your ISP only allowing one computer on the internet. while the internet is on can you access the internet from the desktop comcast originally setup? If so that is more then likely your problem.
I have comcast myself and they told me they do not allow home networks. I fixed that problem by using the mac address cloning feature in my router.
The setup cd is also junk, all you should really need to do is:
1. unplug modem, router, and turn off computers
2. Plug modem into router
3. Plug computers into router (don't worry about wireless right now)
4. Turn on modem, wait 20 seconds or so for lights to set,
5. Turn on router. again wait for lights to set
6. Turn on ONE computer that is hard wired into the router
7 Try to surf the net.
8. If successfull try to connect wireless computers (Without using cd) and see if they surf.
If not call comcast and see if your computers are trying to obtain real-world ip's instead of LAN ip's like they should.
If so, you'll need to enable DHCP on the router.
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2011 | Sony Ericsson W200i Cellular Phone
1. Shut down any programs that are running on your computer at
2. Make sure you have the following items at the computer that is now
directly connected to the cable or DSL modem. DO NOT CONNECT THE
ROUTER AT THIS TIME.
• The Easy Install Wizard CD-ROM
• The Router
• The Router power supply
• Category 5 networking cable
• This Quick Installation Guide
3. Turn off any firewall or Internet connection sharing software on
4. Insert the Easy Install Wizard software CD into your CD-ROM drive.
The Easy Install Wizard screen will automatically appear on your
screen within 15 seconds. If it does not, select your CD-ROM drive
from "My Computer" and double-click on the file named "Setup" on
5. Turn on your cable or DSL modem by reconnecting the power supply to The Wizard will take you through the completion of the process.
6. Before plugging the power cord into the Router, plug the cord into the
wall, then plug the cord into the Router's power jack.
7. Verify that your modem is connected to the Router by checking the
lights on the front of the Router. The green light labeled "WAN" should
be ON if your modem is connected correctly to the Router. If it is not,
recheck your connections.
8. Verify that your computer is connected properly to the Router by
checking the lights labeled "LAN 1,2,3,4". The light which corresponds
to the numbered port that you connected your computer to should
to the numbered port that you connected your computer to should be
ON if your computer is connected properly.
The Wizard will take you through the completion of the process.
Mar 12, 2011 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
Feb 12, 2010 | Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse...
Jan 04, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Aug 02, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 09, 2008 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 27, 2008 | Linksys BEFSR81 Broadband Router with 8...
Dec 17, 2006 | E-Book Systems, Inc. Micro 3 Business Card...
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
411 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: