Question about Acer Computers & Internet
There are a few posible problems if you cant connect to wlan:
1. maybe your wlan has no driver yet. you may need to install it first.
2. maybe your wlan is not active.
3. or you dont have the right IP addresses (i.e. dns, local ip setting, local gateway) for the network.
here are a few simple steps:
1. go to your desktop and right click on my network places icon then click on properties.
2. from there you will see your network connections. if happen to see your wlan connection, check if its disabled.
3. if its disabled, right click on it then click enable, it should scan for nearby access points or routers.
4. if its enabled, then it may need some ip addresses. right click on it then click properties.
5. your wlan connection properties will appear.
6. go ahead and click on internet protocol (tcp/ip) then click properties.
7. a new window will appear which needs the ip addresses i talked about.
8. from there you may ask you IT for the IP addresses. just click on "USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS" and "USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER ADDRESSES"
i hope i helped you on your problem
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Go to the command prompt ie start run cmd then ok type in ipconfig, note down the default gateway and type the number in wour internet explorer address bar and try to log in first
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2011 | Nokia 5230 Cell Phone
May 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 02, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2010 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 22, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Mar 21, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
May 07, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Mar 01, 2009 | HTC TyTN Smartphone
Jun 25, 2008 | Nokia N95 Cellular Phone
Feb 18, 2018 | Acer Computers & Internet
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: