Question about Acer Computers & Internet
There are a few posible problems if you cant connect to wlan:
1. maybe your wlan has no driver yet. you may need to install it first.
2. maybe your wlan is not active.
3. or you dont have the right IP addresses (i.e. dns, local ip setting, local gateway) for the network.
here are a few simple steps:
1. go to your desktop and right click on my network places icon then click on properties.
2. from there you will see your network connections. if happen to see your wlan connection, check if its disabled.
3. if its disabled, right click on it then click enable, it should scan for nearby access points or routers.
4. if its enabled, then it may need some ip addresses. right click on it then click properties.
5. your wlan connection properties will appear.
6. go ahead and click on internet protocol (tcp/ip) then click properties.
7. a new window will appear which needs the ip addresses i talked about.
8. from there you may ask you IT for the IP addresses. just click on "USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS" and "USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER ADDRESSES"
i hope i helped you on your problem
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Go to the command prompt ie start run cmd then ok type in ipconfig, note down the default gateway and type the number in wour internet explorer address bar and try to log in first
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2010 | Dell Dimension E521 (D10E16) PC Desktop
May 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2008 | Sony Computers & Internet
Jul 24, 2008 | HP Pavilion a1240n (EG136AA) PC Desktop
May 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!