I am scanning to pdf and am able to create and save the files. Periodically, the system will suddenly start opening adobe (previewing document) after I close the Scandall21 program, and have named the file. If Adobe program opens, then the system just hangs, and the file does not save.
I have tried leaving it to see if it will complete, but after 20 minutes, I end task. It is now continuing to preview the document in adobe and hanging on every scan I do.
If I log in as another user, I have no problem. At least until it starts happening to this user.
Is this a bug? I've looked at file size & it doesn't seem to matter what size. I am scanning only one page & same thing happens.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Adobe reader cannot open .jpg files. Adobe reader is designed to read files with a .pdf file extension. PDF is a quasi-universal format that's common across multiple operating systems. If your scanner will allow you to save files in .pdf format, Adobe reader should be able to open them. Otherwise, you'll have to use a picture file viewer/editor. Most versions of Windows have a picture viewer built in.
Scan and create PDF documentYou need to install a PDF printer driver on your computerfirst. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet youcan download one such as CutePDF. From your computer SCAN your document then click on File - Print and select thePDF writer as the printer device. Then name and save the PDF file. To download Cutepdf PDF printer driver (freeware) click onthis link :-http://www.cutepdf.com/
1. You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computerfirst. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet youcan download one such as CutePDF. To download Cutepdf PDF printer driver (freeware) click onthis link :-
http://www.cutepdf.com/ 2. Scan the first page then click on File - Save the image as a jpg file Eg. image1.jpg
3. Repeat the scan the next page and save the image file Eg. image2.jpg
4. Repeat step 3 for the other pages.
5. Close the scanner when finished scanning.
6. Open a Word document then place each image file on a new page in the Word document
7. Save the Word document (not necessary).
8. Click on File - Print then select CutePDF printer (or your PDF printer driver) and save the PDF file. This PDF file will contain the multiple pages of the scanned pages.
Use the Scan to PDF software to direct convert your scan page to PDF, download the software to click hear and simple to install to this software, after installing you get the shortcut in your desktop double click that one and open your scaner is automatic install there put the document in scanner and click scan after scanning click save to PDF and give the save file name and save.
and install a copy of Primo PDF ,and as you scan your documents,
instead of sending them to your default printer, select "Primo PDF" for
your printer name, when your "Print" windows opens. A Primo PDF window will open allowing to create a PDF of your scanned document. Make a note of the document name and where you saved it...
Hi. Yours probably scans as soon as you have a document in and you double-click, right? I went through this. Double click on the Epson Icon. Make sure the mode preference at upper right is changed to professional. It may start scanning and you have to wait until it's finished to scan again. When you start in professional mode, it brings up a rectangular menu--you probably didn't see this one before (I didn't before changing to professional mode). Now press scan. This gives you a "file save" choice. Chose the location you want. Under the location choice is the Choose Document type option--this is the second key--save as PDF. Now it will bring up that add a page, edit or save file. Professional mode, save as PDF.