I am scanning to pdf and am able to create and save the files. Periodically, the system will suddenly start opening adobe (previewing document) after I close the Scandall21 program, and have named the file. If Adobe program opens, then the system just hangs, and the file does not save.
I have tried leaving it to see if it will complete, but after 20 minutes, I end task. It is now continuing to preview the document in adobe and hanging on every scan I do.
If I log in as another user, I have no problem. At least until it starts happening to this user.
Is this a bug? I've looked at file size & it doesn't seem to matter what size. I am scanning only one page & same thing happens.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Click PDF on the Custom Scan with One-click tab or click PDF in the one-click mode screen to open the PDF dialog box.
* If you wish to convert the text in a document to editable text data, scan the item with the OCR. The precision of OCR is affected by the nature of the scanned original
2. Select the type of document to be scanned. Important
To scan correctly, select a document type that matches the document to be scanned.
3. Select a file type to save the scanned image.
Select PDF, PDF(Multiple Pages) or PDF(Add Page) Important
Click Set... to open a dialog box and specify the PDF compression type and other advanced settings for creating PDF files.
4. Place the first original on the scanner and click the [Scan] button at the right bottom corner of the PDF window.
5. When scanning is completed, place the next original and click the [Scan] button.
6. Repeat scanning by clicking the [Scan] button until you finish all the originals.
7. When all the original is finished, click the [Exit] button.
8. When the scan is complete, it automatically starts the application program that displays PDF files and opens the scanned image file in it.
To scan a text document or black and white document, you are recommended to set the Scan Mode to Black and White or Grayscale.
You are recommended to limit the number of pages in any one multiple PDF file to 20 or less if you are scanning a color document with the Image Quality set to 300 dpi and the size to a setting equivalent to Letter size.
1. You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computer first. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet you can download one such as CutePDF. To download CutePDF printer driver (freeware) click on this link :- http://www.cutepdf.com/
2. Using your computer SCAN the first page then click on File - Save the image as a jpg file Eg. image1.jpg
3. Repeat the scan the next page and save the image file Eg. image2.jpg
4. Repeat step 3 for the other pages.
5. Close the scanner when finished scaning.
6. Open a Word document then place each image file on a new page in the Word document
7. Save the Word document if you require but not needed.
8. Click on File - Print then select CutePDF printer (or your PDF printer driver) and save the PDF file. This PDF file will contain the multiple pages of the scanned pages.
Scan and create PDF document You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computer first. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet you can download one such as CutePDF. From your computer SCAN your document then click on File - Print and select the PDF writer as the printer device. Then name and save the PDF file. To download Cutepdf PDF printer driver (freeware) click on this link :- http://www.cutepdf.com/
There is no easy way of doing this.
What you can do is scan each page as an image file, then use an OCR program to convert each page into a text file and save them. Then open a fresh/new Word document, then open each text file page and copy and paste each text file page into this Word document.
After you have copied all the pages into this Word document, then spell check it, edit and format the text then save the document. You can then create a PDF file from this Word document if you need to.
First, scan and save document. Second, download this free neat tool. It will allow you to print as a PDF. When you open the document, you press print, choose cutePDF and it will save the file as a PDF to location of your choice.
Hope this helps!
You , nor anyone else,cannot scan and save as an ADOBY PDF file. To creat a PDF file requires either the ADOBY writting software of another software that saves in the PDF file format.
Scanners take a picture of what ever is layed on them and copies then by breaking them into millions of dots and then saving as a picture in a format such as JPEG. Sorry