Question about Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
My espon R300 printer has stopped loading paper. its trying but not taking it in. The printer still prints on cd's via the tray but I think it might have knocked either a sensor out of line or the rollers that grip the paper and feed it in. I have used the service dvd to reset the software or firmware in the printer. this actually got the cd tray back up and printing. originally it was saying paper jam all the time. Something must have happened, I don't know of anything that has happened to the printer but i do have a 2 yr old son who could have knocked it with something. any help would be most appreciated. Cheers Steve
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2015 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 14, 2015 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Sep 03, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 20, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 29, 2009 | Epson Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2008 | Epson (C31C411016) Printer
Dec 01, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
378 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!