Lexmark X125 printer shows blocks on display screen?
My lexmark X125 shows blocks on the display panel when I plug it in. I have not tried connecting to a pc yet, but I have had it connected to a pc before and do not remember these blocks showing up. It will not let me power off or push any buttons or use the features at all.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Great job on changing the connection cord. Also, try removing the power adapter from the printer. The power adapter is the rectangular black box behind the printer where the power cord is attached. Wait at least 30 seconds before plugging the power adapter back in the printer. Properly secure it behind the printer. If that doesn't help, I suggest you contact Lexmark Technical Support to further investigate the problem. Thanks
You will need to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Click on "Start" and "All Programs." 2. Go to the "Lexmark X125 Series." 3. Click on "Lexmark Uninstall." 4. Click on "Next." 5. Click on "Finish." 6. Click on "Restart Windows."
You may copy and paste the web address below to access the Lexmark X125 XP driver:
Please use the following steps to download the Lexmark X125 XP driver to your desktop:
1. Select "Window XP" in the drop down list and click on "Download Now."
2. On the "File Download" screen, choose "Save."
3. The next screen will be titled "Save As." Choose to "Save in Desktop" and click "OK."
4. You should see files being transferred.
****Note**** If your browser uses a different file downloading format than specified above, you will need to resort to your browsers help files for downloading instructions. The object of steps 1 - 4 is to download the driver to your desktop. This way it is easily accessible.
5. Once the files have completed downloading, double click on the icon with your file name.
6. On the "Win Zip Self-Extractor" screen click "OK."
7. To unzip the downloaded file choose "Unzip."
8. A screen will then display the number of files unzipped successfully, click "OK."
9. Please follow the on screen instructions to complete installation of your Lexmark printer.
To change the language on the LCD screen of the X125 printer, please follow the steps given below:
1. With the printer power on, press the "Setup" button.
2. Then press the "Menu" button until "Set Language" shows on the screen.
3. Press the "Options" button until you see "English."
4. Press the "Start" button once and let us know the results.
Are you saying that the computer crashed? Try plugging in the printer without installing the driver. The computer should recognize that you plugged it in and search for a driver. Do you get that far? Do you have the original installation CD? If not, then download the driver software from www.lexmark.com. Navigate to the support and drivers section and get the proper driver. Then try to install it that way.
int he box type X125 for product. Downlaod the driver for it. Hope this helps. By the way, since you metioned a new computer, that I have a X125 and does not work very good with vista...lots of problems...Lexmark said that the printer was not compatible with vista.
Sorry but you cannot use the vista driver of Lexmark x1250 to work with Lexmark X125 since they are not the same type of printer and you're correct that this Lexmark X125 don't have any vista driver because Lexmark didn't make any vista driver for some of there ol printer like Lexmark X125...