An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: how we will repair the hard disk
Your antivirus program should be checking the boot sector for viruses. If it doesn't find any, and your machine boots fine, there's nothing else you need to do to the boot sector. The boot sector is also called the MBR - master boot record.
If there's something else you're trying to check it for, tell me what you're looking for.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This usually means that you have HDD bad sector or some kind of HDD read/write error.Boot up in DOS mode and use HDD Regenerator to check and repair your hard disk drive.This can be easily done with Hiren's Boot CD. You can download it from here. After downloading, burn ISO on a disk and try booting from CD-Drive.
These are the common causes for this error
Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is usingFAT32.
New hard disk drive being added.
Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.
Failing to enable USB keyboard support in the BIOS.
Please checkout this link for fixing the same
Ntldr is missing
Hi, Most likely it is your hard drive. There is a boot sector on the hard drive and when xp starts it looks for that boot sector. If that boot sector is damaged xp can't find it so xp reboots again...and again...and... Try a different hard drive and see what happens.
NTLDR is short for NT loader – a program loaded from
the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT
startup menu and helps Microsoft Windows NT load. So when it goes
missing for some reason, your windows cannot load. Cause:
1. Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
2. Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
3. Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
4. Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
5. Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is using FAT32.
6. New hard disk drive being added.
7. Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
8. Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
9. Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable. if there is attached drive ,remove the drive first before restarting the system if not then if you had access to another computer, copy the NTLDR and
NTDETECT.COM which is available from the recovery CD which comes with
computer. If you do not have the recovery CD, its available on microsoft site or is available from another computer using
the same Operating System (Windows XP ). The location may be
use a bootable disc to restart the computer
(the Win XP bootable CD or Win 98 bootable CD worked).
After entering MS DOS mode, copy these 2 files to the C drive in
the proper location. After restart, then pressing F10 on start up (used
for system recovery ), then start the repair of Windows via system recovery This will reinstalled all Windows drivers
and system files, while preserving all data on your computer.
Use the Windows Setup disks to restart the computer,
or use the Windows 2000 CD-ROM to restart the computer.
At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to
repair the Windows 2000 installation.
Press C to repair the Windows 2000 installation by using
the Recovery Console.
Type the number that corresponds to the Windows
installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER. For example, type
1, and then press ENTER.
For more information, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Windows Recovery Console
Type the Administrator password, and then press
Type map, and then press ENTER. Note
the drive letter that is assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows
Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after you type
each one, where drive is the drive letter that you
typed in step 4 of "Method 2: Use the Recovery Console," of this article:
copy drive:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy drive:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\ If you are prompted to overwrite the file, type
y, and then press ENTER.
NOTE: In these commands, there is a space between the ntldr and c:\, and between ntdetect.com and c:\.
Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
type c:\Boot.ini A list similar to the following list appears:
Use the following link to download the software, which helps u to detect as well as completly remove badsectors, but before u do tat, here is the answer for wat is bad sectors..
Hard disk drive is an integral part of every computer. It stores all your information. One of the most prevalent defects of hard drives is bad sectors on the disk surface. Bad sectors are a part of the disk surface which contains not readable, but frequently necessary information. As a result of bad sectors you may have difficulties to read and copy data from your disk, your operating system becomes unstable and finally your computer may unable to boot altogether.
When a hard drive is damaged with bad sectors, the disk not only becomes unfit for use, but also you risk losing information stored on it. The HDD Regenerator can repair damaged hard disks without affecting or changing existing data. As a result, previously unreadable and inaccessible information is restored.
ths is the software
A powerful hard disk tool that can detect and repair physical bad sectors on a hard disk drive surface and regenerate hard disk.
Make sure there is no Floppy disk in the drive if you have a floppy drive, if so the computer will try to boot from it. also check there is no USB drives or CD's in the drives
or your hard drives boot sector may be corrupt by a failing drive or virus damage, boot with windows CD and do a repair.
DOWNLOAD HIREN BOOT CD, WRITE IT TO CD THEN BOOT FROM IT
Includes HDD Diagnostics for these companies
Hard Disk Tools:
- Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilities
- Seagate Seatools Desktop Edition 3.02
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter 1.1
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 6.61
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.02
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.08
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool 2.03
- Gateway GwScan 3.15
- ExcelStor's ESTest 3.80
- MHDD 4.6
- WDClear 1.30
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b
- SeaTools for Dos 1.08
- HDD Regenerator 1.51 - to recover a bad hard drive
- Ontrack Disk Manager 9.57 - Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor 2002 - a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor 2002 - a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Active Kill Disk 3.1 - Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- HDAT2 4.5.2 - main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for devices
- SmartUDM 2.00 - Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria 3.33 - a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics
Hope this helps
If you are having trouble with Newly bought items save your self from headaches by returning them and demand a replacement or a refund! You may have purchased a reconditioned\repaired\factory defect product.